• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XM Ruby Pennys on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oakley-Penn...XM-Serial-Number-W-Box-And-Coin-/221930318697

I sold these to the ebay seller earlier this year. They are the ones pictured in my avatar. When he got them, he claimed the lenses were scratched and that the nosebridge was loose, and he wanted a refund. I was shocked, and thought at first he was joking, but no. I knew of course he was lying, they were in perfect condition, unworn and as new. I had to refund him $100 in the end. Now he's re-selling them, this is his description.

Frame is still nice and tight as the day it was purchased.
No wobble and Not loose
No marks and No scratches on original ruby red lenses

This just makes me so angry. :mad: I hope karma catches up to this clown. :vinsent:

Is this ebay seller a forum member as well? just askin....

There were plenty of pics in the auction, but they don't prove anything when it comes to the claimed scratches and loose nosebridge.

Anyway, he was being dishonest, he knew it and I knew it, but to avoid the hassle of a PP dispute which I'd probobly lose, I had to refund him. Now he gives 100% proof that he was lying, as he himself lists the same pair, describing them as tight as new without any scratches to the original lenses.

In the future (God forbid this happens again), it's probably not a bad idea to just ask for a full return and refund the full amount. If a dishonest person is going to try to stiff you for an extra $100 or whatever, then just take it back and re sell it. Just my opinion on the matter.

In the future (God forbid this happens again), it's probably not a bad idea to just ask for a full return and refund the full amount. If a dishonest person is going to try to stiff you for an extra $100 or whatever, then just take it back and re sell it. Just my opinion on the matter.

That's actually a decent suggestion - I don't scam like that, but if an item legitimately doesn't match the description I will contact the seller and ask for compensation for the difference. And most times they accommodate. But if they gave me a "take it or leave it" response, i.e. keep them as-is without compensation or return for a full refund, in most cases I'd just keep them. I'd expect a scammer would do the same. Or return you a box with a brick in it...

Not necessarily; you don't have to be a member to read these public threads. I keep trying to remind people of that, when they post a little too much personal info, enough that someone could track you down, steal your stuff, rape yo wife, etc...

I know you're being totally serious about that comment, but it's just a disgusting/despicable reality we have to deal with these days. But yeah, good point about the lurking non-members...never thought about that.

But then you'd have to wonder, if a person was a lurker and has the flawed character of committing what he committed against @Dantes, why would he care what members on here wrote? He's still anonymous, thus it wouldn't make sense for him to just end his listing based on the posts in this thread.

That's actually a decent suggestion - I don't scam like that, but if an item legitimately doesn't match the description I will contact the seller and ask for compensation for the difference. And most times they accommodate. But if they gave me a "take it or leave it" response, i.e. keep them as-is without compensation or return for a full refund, in most cases I'd just keep them. I'd expect a scammer would do the same. Or return you a box with a brick in it...

it better be a Gold Brick! at the very least Gold Plated!

But seriously, even if they send back a brick, ebay/paypal would protect you since the agreed upon course of action is on record yeah?

He's still anonymous, thus it wouldn't make sense for him to just end his listing based on the posts in this thread.

Well, there were threats of spamming, fake bids, even for Dantes to report the whole incident to ebay. Ending the auction lets him avoid all that hassle, try again somewhere else some other time.

Latest Posts

Back