• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XM Ruby Pennys on ebay

But seriously, even if they send back a brick, ebay/paypal would protect you since the agreed upon course of action is on record yeah?

Protect you how? Buyer has a record of a tracked package being delivered to you; you now owe him the refund. "What? You say you got a brick instead of the glasses? Can you prove that? Oh, you took a video of the unboxing? Can you prove that wasn't staged? I think you're really the scammer, not me..."

I know you're being totally serious about that comment, but it's just a disgusting/despicable reality we have to deal with these days.

Yes, the point was serious; the "rape yo wife" was written jokingly (referencing the "hide yo kids, hide yo wife, they rapin' everybody up here" quote) but was meant seriously; I was thinking of one particular "IDGAF" member with a hot wife who's posted enough info that a lurker can find out his full real name and actual address, plenty of pics of the hot wife, and announces when he's traveling for a extended periods... :headbang: I mean, if you want to risk your own stuff that's up to you, but your family, too?

Last edited:
In the future (God forbid this happens again), it's probably not a bad idea to just ask for a full return and refund the full amount. If a dishonest person is going to try to stiff you for an extra $100 or whatever, then just take it back and re sell it. Just my opinion on the matter.
Thanks for the tip, but since I live in EU, I risk being taxed on the returned item which would cost me even more. There is also the risk that he would simply scratch the lenses intentionally before returning the item to "prove" he was right, and that would leave me with even bigger losses.

Latest Posts

Back