• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XM Ruby Pennys on ebay

Dantes

I should Work at Oakley
Sweden
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oakley-Penn...XM-Serial-Number-W-Box-And-Coin-/221930318697

I sold these to the ebay seller earlier this year. They are the ones pictured in my avatar. When he got them, he claimed the lenses were scratched and that the nosebridge was loose, and he wanted a refund. I was shocked, and thought at first he was joking, but no. I knew of course he was lying, they were in perfect condition, unworn and as new. I had to refund him $100 in the end. Now he's re-selling them, this is his description.

Frame is still nice and tight as the day it was purchased.
No wobble and Not loose
No marks and No scratches on original ruby red lenses

This just makes me so angry. :mad: I hope karma catches up to this clown. :vinsent:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oakley-Penn...XM-Serial-Number-W-Box-And-Coin-/221930318697

I sold these to the ebay seller earlier this year. They are the ones pictured in my avatar. When he got them, he claimed the lenses were scratched and that the nosebridge was loose, and he wanted a refund. I was shocked, and thought at first he was joking, but no. I knew of course he was lying, they were in perfect condition, unworn and as new. I had to refund him $100 in the end. Now he's re-selling them, this is his description.

No wobble and Not loose

This just makes me so angry. :mad: I hope karma catches up to this clown. :vinsent:
bid on them and the if you win claim the same thing

This is why I avoid Ebay at all costs, but sometimes you just gotta have it. It takes one crook to ruin the good intentions of 100's. I have a couple transactions that went bad, the usual deal where they wait a month and then say they never received it. Luckily I kept all receipts, but Ebay was siding with the crook from the get go. I prefer to buy on the forum if possible. How is it possible he has 100% feedback? The feedback system is a joke and if the other party is a power seller and you have less than 500 positive feedback it seems they always side with the power seller, funny how that works!!!!

No wobble and Not loose

Now I'm curious.....what price did he pay you for them? Obviously he is trying to flip them for a profit......but we should all offer him what he paid you for them. ;)

He got them for $925 which became $825 with the refund.

Here is his email to me on condition:

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know I received the Oakley sunglasses today. Thank you for the quick shipment and nice packaging!

I'm a little disappointed in the condition. I'm very sorry but they are not exactly perfect or immaculate condition as you had described.
The left lens has 3 visible scratches and the left side of nose bridge is a little loose. The right lens is perfect and finish is flawless.
I can fix the bridge to factory tight specs through Oakley for $65 U.S. Dollars.
However I can not repair the left lens. You can see it from both sides and they are clearly visible. I tried cleaning with special Oakley lens cleaner but they won't come out because they are definitely scratch marks. Not good because these Ruby lenses as you know are almost impossible to find.
Please advise and let me know your thoughts on this. I'm not 100% happy with the condition.
Sincerely,

He got them for $925 which became $825 with the refund.

Here is his email to me on condition:

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know I received the Oakley sunglasses today. Thank you for the quick shipment and nice packaging!

I'm a little disappointed in the condition. I'm very sorry but they are not exactly perfect or immaculate condition as you had described.
The left lens has 3 visible scratches and the left side of nose bridge is a little loose. The right lens is perfect and finish is flawless.
I can fix the bridge to factory tight specs through Oakley for $65 U.S. Dollars.
However I can not repair the left lens. You can see it from both sides and they are clearly visible. I tried cleaning with special Oakley lens cleaner but they won't come out because they are definitely scratch marks. Not good because these Ruby lenses as you know are almost impossible to find.
Please advise and let me know your thoughts on this. I'm not 100% happy with the condition.
Sincerely,
I'm making an offer of 825 now.

Anyone else want to join in on the offer game?

Latest Posts

Back