• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMC Optics Copper/Gold Plating Services Thread

InfiniteHero

Entrepreneur
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
United States
Welcome all, Very happy to anounce Copper/Gold Plating services. I will be taking over @Ry.1982 lists for both plating jobs. I will be able to do both lists at once and a few frames per week. All frames will be done in the highest quality manner and finalized with a specialized clear coat to protect the copper from oxidizing. The clear coat being used will not chip and will maintain the hypoallergenic qualities of the Ti and will maintain the Ti feel. Romeo 1 and Mars frames are the original castings so some of those frames will show the casting marks on them. You can see that in the nose part of the Mars in the pics. Copper frames will receive Polished Nose Pins and the Gold Plated frames will get Gold Plated Nose Pins. Here are two examples of the copper plating so you can see the quality that you will receive. Prices for the LIST of people will remain the same at $150 for the Copper and $215 for the Gold. For all others the prices will be $175 for the copper and $225 for the Gold. If your frame is anything other than a normal factory finish when we receive it, there will be a surcharge for refinishing before plating. (i.e......rusted, painted etc...) Soon there will be a PDF for filling out, but wanted to get this out quick to take care of current customers. Please if you are on this list contact me for shipping arrangements. This is immediately ready to start. Aluminum pieces are also able to be done in the plating process as you can see by the card block in the pics. I do not have prices for that yet, it does take time. Many of you I have done work for before so you already know how I take care of customers. :)

The following is the thread by OP @gs300 which is @Ry.1982 copper thread for all preceding now.
Read more: Found a copper man | Page 5 | Oakley Forum

IMG_2120_2.JPG
IMG_2124_2.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good, not really my style, I think a cooper pair with some oxidizing starting would look cool. Kinda of like the rust pairs people do.

Something like this Vader helmet.

image.jpg

Looks good, not really my style, I think a cooper pair with some oxidizing starting would look cool. Kinda of like the rust pairs people do.

Something like this Vader helmet.

View attachment 153257

Simple to do, just not clear it. However they immediately start oxidizing and its a black film, so not sure how long it would take to get the petina like that. Usually takes years to get that. Thought about it, but don't have a spare to sit on the sidelines for now.

I like them with the clear coat. They look hewn from raw copper, much more striking look than Oakley's own slightly cop out version on the Penny.