• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMC Optics X-Metal Polishing Service/Show work done

These are several frames that I got in for polishing then anodizing. The X-Squared was originally a Carbon, and one of the Juliets was a Carbon also. They were polished and then went through the anodizing process. The XS went to a Deep Blue color and the Juliet went to a Purple. This is how they came out.
IMG_2173.jpg
IMG_2388.jpg
IMG_2392.jpg
IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2400.jpg

Amazing work! If i can get my hands in an R1, i might hit you up for a polished finish. Exceptional work here!

Thanks and just let me know, happy to do it. I worked a long time to perfect this process. My goal was not to reproduce hand polished frames, they have been done by members and there has been no service to do them for others due to the vast amount of time it takes to do it, plus there are areas still left non polished due to nooks and crannies in the frame. I wanted to copy OEM polished. I got it darn close. Scale of 1-10 of exact copy of OEM, mine are about a 8.5-9 on the finish and a 9.5-10 on the shine if not the same. The OEM act like a plating, but might be the difference of Oakley doing the same process I do, but on freshly casted frames that haven't been out in the elements for up to 15 years. Also they took raw Ti and worked it, I have to take it from the current state and work it backwards. Anyway, thats the list of it all.

I have been combining some of the charges for people and thinking about the best way to go about doing this. Yes Anodizing and Polishing are two separate things. However.... For anodizing if your frame is not a Polished OEM frame, it is best to polish it first. So I am combining on a case per case basis some of the prices. Basically $100 for polishing and $80 for anodizing and if needing a tightening in the process add $20. All shipping no matter the pieces is $8 CONUS and $23.50 International Priority Small box. I will invoice each customer for the charges and have them listed out. PM me on your service @Leo6494

Last edited:
Polishing update: WE Will no longer be polishing frames which we were Chemically. Its too dangerous and not worth the result financially unless many were being done. However, WE WILL be plating in Bright Nickel which will look identical to OEM polishing. Price is $150 per frame same as copper plating. Frame can always be returned to a OEM finish if desired down the road, so this is the best way to accomplish the polishing task. The chemical process that was used is proprietary and required a Chemical Engenier to design the solution for the process. That was no problem, but dealing with electricity and harsh chemicals can have adverse affects like eating a hole in Ti which then that part has to be replaced. So there is that cost if that happens and dealing with $500 plus frames finding a R1 orbital could prove daunting, so rather not take the chance for the little that was charged. I am sure that makes sense, only one part damaged out of 45 parts and that was an accident so its just the what if thinking. So Bright Nickel will be what we do!!!!!!!! I find you will like that better anyway.

Yep cleared so they remain Hypo Allergenic, the Clear though maintains the properties of the Ti and the sound of metal, unlike enamel clears that are a paint. Thanks for pointing that out sir.

Back