• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMETAL CL Legit Check! ASAP PLEASE!

I've never had an x-metal...
only tried on some x-squareds..which im getting in a couple weeks...
but i've never even held a pair of Juliets...
Can y'all legit check these for me real quick please?
No box,bag or coin...

This is all he sent me...
i asked him for photos of the torx or whatever.
need this done asap, i'm heading out of town soon.
also...whats a decent price on my end for these?
y'all are lifesavers!

5u65x25s33k83m13p3bb332.th.jpg

They look good. Washers are there and T6 screws are sunk in. Color looks right. Missing the nose pads, but can be easily replaced for $10 at any O store or vault.

Can't tell what the condition of the lenses are. What's the seller's asking price? Assuming the lenses need replacing and the frame needing a tune up, I'd probably pay in the $100-$140 ballpark.

Owner said the lenses are 10/10 and were just replaced... Oakley, not exo or other. Asking price is 160..
but he contacted me about 2 weeks ago looking to trade for some transformers,so i'm curious as to how much he'd be willing to take...
what does a "tune up" consist of?

I've never mailed in for a tune up as living in socal and near HQ has it's benefits, but from what i gather from other forum members, you call customer service and ask for the Juliet tune-up package and for about $75 (two way shipping included?), you send in your glasses to HQ and they replace all the rubbers, clean up and tighten up the frames. Lenses do not get replaced.

So that's why i gave a lowball price guessing that they need to be tuned up and lenses replaced. See if he'll go down to $140 or $150. Your Transformers cost $150 new in box. Just as a reference, there was a guy on my local CL selling a brand new pair, no box, only bag and glasses for $100. When i emailed him indicating i need the box, he dropped his price down to $65. I didn't buy them only because i needed the box from a collectors standpoint.

Oops, i should've noted that the pair i was talking about getting for $65 was a Transformers Gascan. I just re-read what i typed and it's misleading. Sorry!

So what i mean was someone was selling a TF 3D Gascan for $65. If you still have box and bag, i think $100 value is fair for your TF 3D. I think that's the going price on ebay and CL.

$150 for used juliets aren't bad. I think the juliet frames themselves have sold for that much. Just depends what you wanna pay for them and the condition they're in.

Back