• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMetal Exchange Trade etiquette

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
What's the rule/etiquette on trade offers?

Context: I have a couple of sale pieces that I'm also interested in trading. Getting lots of PMs with trade offers. Is it like sale offers where the seller should deal with each in order, or is there a different but fair way of handling trade offers? I mean, I'm in discussions with a couple of members, but then a better trade offer comes in!

And what if a sale offer suddenly comes in. Just abandon all trade discussions?

Don't want to cause any offense so advice from experienced traders appreciated.

Take best trade offer. Doesn't have to be first one who pmd u. Just be fair and communicate that u are trading and if u want let them know the trade

Got ya. So transparency is the key. Let everyone know I'm in multiple discussions and don't worry about order.

What if item is for sale AND trade and a sale offer comes in?

Yep, agree with Dallas, I'd go for the most desirable trade. You probably have an (implicit or explicit) order of preference (which may include sale) and I can't see that it would be wrong to go for that.

Thanks for the replies guys. You've confirmed my hunch that I can have more than one trade discussion at the same time. Yes, if the deal is agreed it would be very bad form to back out and switch.

Im wondering exactly how a trade works as well. Im assuming thwres no guarantee youll actually get your glasses....do we just have to trust the other party and go for it?

Generally the person with lower feedback ships first, once the person with higher feedback receives the item they ship theirs.

Generally the person with lower feedback ships first, once the person with higher feedback receives the item they ship theirs.

That's very interesting and useful. This is where the feedback system, trust, and other forum member testimonials really matter.

Latest Posts

Back