• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMetal Exchange Trade etiquette

That's very interesting and useful. This is where the feedback system, trust, and other forum member testimonials really matter.
I know it's been mentioned that both persons can ship to a third person. When that third person receives both items he can ship the items.

But just in case any of my potential XS 24K traders are reading, be aware that I am a member of an international XMetal syndicate with undercover agents globally.

I know it's been mentioned that both persons can ship to a third person. When that third person receives both items he can ship the items.

But would need to be someone they can both trust, right? Typically is the 3rd person a mutually known trader? The other complication is shipping costs, especially when traders are in different countries.

But would need to be someone they can both trust, right? Typically is the 3rd person a mutually known trader? The other complication is shipping costs, especially when traders are in different countries.
It would be a respected member here. We can always recommend people who are trustworthy. But if you bot trust them it would definitely help also.

Shipping costs are also an issue too.

I'd suggest that if your going to use a 3rd party. Make sure both you and the other member can agree that this person is trustable. Keep in mind that trading items could result with someone holding the bag and getting nothing.

My opinion on your earlier questions is keeping people informed. If you have other prospects, let others know. Be up front that during the process if a cash offer comes up that it will take priority. I personally felt if I was making a deal but was notified up front I would understand. Of course if the deal has been sealed, it would be to late to back out.

I'd suggest that if your going to use a 3rd party. Make sure both you and the other member can agree that this person is trustable. Keep in mind that trading items could result with someone holding the bag and getting nothing.

My opinion on your earlier questions is keeping people informed. If you have other prospects, let others know. Be up front that during the process if a cash offer comes up that it will take priority. I personally felt if I was making a deal but was notified up front I would understand. Of course if the deal has been sealed, it would be to late to back out.
Agreed. Thanks for the input.

I can personally think of at least 5 people who I can recommend being the third party also.

Ecko is also right....communication is key to it all.

Another way to manage a risky trade is to use paypal for insurance.

Basically, y'all agree that the items being traded have a certain value, for this example let's say $300 each. You both paypal G&S each other $300. Because you're both sending the same amount, there's no need to refund after the trade is completed, it washes out. But that way if either party doesn't come through, the plaintiff has a G&S transaction to claim against. The only real cost is the 4% fees.

So basically it's like buying insurance for the cost of 4% of the value.

Yeh trade via PayPal goods and services. Unless you're willing to risk end up with a brick and have recourse by paying them a friendly visit for a dud trade...

Back