• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMetal Exchange Trade etiquette

If you've properly documented your side, such as a video of the item being packaged and tracking info showing it as delivered, it'd be hard for the other party to win a scam claim.

Yeah, that makes sense. I suppose with tracking info added through PayPal it does offer a good level of security.

just my 2 cents but i have completed an x metal trade...

i would never trade with anyone who didnt have some moderately significant history here.
i would never trade with anyone less than or at least really close to, 100 postive feedback
i would make sure i saw a user is participating somewhat regularly with posts or other successful buys/sells/trades instead of being gone for 6 months then back ready to trade something high in value.
i just assume no one will trade with me if i dont at least show that i have successfully bought a number of items with quick payments and perhaps significant costs along with solid feedback.
a user will ususlly also have an eBay account handle with feedback if the item is significant enough in value to check this.
boxing pix & videos with texts from Post office help to elimiate stress.
always insist on insurance if its X metal valuable.
i always do signature required for X metal value goods unless other member requests not to.
i never send more than 1 pair at a time in a trade unless i know the other member well enough
although no one wants to lose $$$, anything under $100 is not really a huge risk. anything over $100 just make sure terms are explicit. i find people frequently dont want to write out terms but its a good CYA and helps to make sure no one is unhappy when they get their goods.

all the other posts here have several great ideas to incorporate into the process. its no more risky than sending someone $$$ just dont risk anything on a fly by night user.

My personal experience from past ebay sales was boxing videos are absolutely useless, but unboxing videos were on the otherhand life savers. Item not as described claims are biased towards buyers and rarely help out the sellers. Hence I don't list anything high value on ebay anymore... too much hassle with the bs that goes on nowadays

Latest Posts

Back