• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMetal finish question.

Slojack

The Cake is a Lie
Premium Member
Orlando
My small but distinguished XMetal collection (no shelf whore) is growing. I have two in XMetal finish, but the difference in look is noticeable.
20160729_212531.jpg
20160729_213416.jpg

The XX is a first gen. The XS is...well an XS release.
Is this just a generational thing?
How much does it drive up the value if its an anomoly?
Am I nitpicking?
Do you really think im serious about question #2?

Very nice pairs there!! How do you like the XX?
After the XS its my favorite frame. The long earstems hug my brain bucket like glue. Wear them golfing, Volleyball and offshore fishing. Juliets use to be good, but i got older and face grew. XX is basically a bigger Juliet. Fully wanted to acquire more XX frames, till I found an XS on Offerup. Bought just..because. And 5 months later....
20160729_223245.jpg

I had another XX frame that was going to get the Black Magic treatment, but traded for the XS/Ruby. Im going to "complete" my XS brood by getting a Polished Carbon, and two frames in the best finish that can be 24k'd and Cu'd.

Its not uncommon for the finishes to vary through the generations. Case and point is the Plasma finish, it went from a " Bone" finish to nearly shiny.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
My first pair was Juliets that had that "Bone" look. Kick myself occasionally for losing them.

Back