• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xmetal Gathering 2014

Been there, done that IMHO. Respectfully lots of East Coast/Midwest folks didn't even make it to RED due to travel considerations. Considering that deal was sweetened by being hosted by Jim and included a meet and greet with him and Hans also, still some folks still couldn't see the value or afford the expense of a trip across country.
I'd be happy to put something together in the Midwest (Cincy) and roll it in with a Reds game or maybe a trip to Eldora. :)
Or over July 11, 12 and 13 when Cincy hosts the Bunbury Music Festival. This year's line-up features Flaming Lips, Young the Giant, Veruca Salt (didn't even know they were still around), Cage the Elephant, Fitz and the Tantrums, Fallout Boy, Andrew WK, Paramore and many more.
Lineup - Bunbury Music Festival
The Reds are also in town that weekend against the Pirates and the outdoor concert area is right next to the ballpark.
I don't know how the Texas GTG was though it seemed like it was a good time for the attendees. Without a draw in the order of JJ's magnitude maybe the concept of regionals is more user-friendly?
Just putting ALL of that out there...

IMO Red wasn't specifically a gathering for Oakley Collectors, or so I was told, I had my plans made and reservations with JJ's assistant and when she called or e-mailed me back she basically told me if I did not have a collection to display and sell there was no point in me showing up. If I am not mistaken Jim himself posted something similar to that statement. At that point I cancelled my plans. I think it would be a cool idea to get a bunch of down to earth collectors in one place just to hang out for a while. If you have something to sell or trade great, if not just hang out and BS. I like the idea of Vegas!

Vegas......thats it.......shall we say september...everyone at harrahs.....bring your favorite 5 pair and an apatite for distruction.

On saturday we hit up exotics racing and rent a couple fast cars for a day at the track.......in friday out sunday????

Latest Posts

Back