• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMetal nose width question

SWATMedic

Oakley Enthusiast
I’m in the market for a pair of X-Metals. Preferably Juliet’s or XS. My issue is I have wider than average nose that cause most glasses to sit too high and my eyes fall in the bottom portion of the lens (gascans for example). I’ve read on here the X-Metals are “tunable” and there are even guys who can work some magic with them. Can anyone tell me what the widest nose width is of the X-Metal line?

The X Metals have rubber couplers in the nose bridge that are made to Flex so they widen up if you have a wide head. Romeo 1 do not have quite the same concept bit, they are a larger and wider frame. The rubber nose pieces that sit on your nose can be changed out between a large and small to customize the fit as well.

Thank you for the info. Is there a symposium or convention for Oakley or designer glasses? I really want to try some on before committing to buying

Thank you for the info. Is there a symposium or convention for Oakley or designer glasses? I really want to try some on before committing to buying
With X Metal, there isn't really a store for you to try them on and decide. They are discontinued. It's basically trial and error. If you have access to the exchange here, you can find pairs for sale that are ways cheaper than eBay prices.

I read that on here you can bend the stems to fit different sized heads and X-Man can do some adjusting as well. Not just maintenance stuff.
I've never heard about bending the stems. For wider head you can use the smallest tshocks which are 15 and like what @SecretNinja said you may use the small nose bombs so they wont sit too high on your face

As these frames wear in people always bend in the stems to tighten the frame when actually they should be tuned up properly. A soft rubber in the bridge can be used to give the frame more wiggle room for the bigger face.

Latest Posts

Back