• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xmetal SKU's

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
Man! wayback machine rocks! I just learned so much from looking at oakley's old website while I was mining data for a wiki page.

most already know the text but here it was from the site itself. Also added some photos to the first post.

X METAL

From our industrial-alchemy bunker in the Nevada desert comes a peace-time dividend for your vision. At 3,000 degrees, we combine five metal compounds and highly reactive elements prone to exploding. Why risk it? Simply because X Metals are the only three-dimensional, hypoallergenic, all-metal frames on earth. Lightweight design combined with a mad-scientist zeal for wicked-sharp optics and the perfect fit place X Metal at the apex of optical engineering.

MARS
Mars is a sculptural mechanical frame, logically structured around a new circular lens design. Michael Jordan, a member of Oakley's Board of Directors, has been significantly involved in the design of Mars. Michael's contribution to Oakley's mad science is reflected in the frame's fluid styling. Mars is available in two configurations, one with and one without stitched leather detailing.

Flex couplers allow this 25-piece blend of X Metal� and art to fit naturally around the skull. The adjustable frame includes temple shocks, interchangeable nosebombs, and all the innovations that sculptural physics can offer. Chiseled intake ports bolt the contoured orbitals around pure Plutonite� lenses to retain the precise geometry of XYZ Optics�.

Not sure if this would be the right format for you, but I can create a small stand alone database that you can use (made with Filemaker). It will be good enough to organise everything for you and share if you wanted. Also you could export the info if required.

Have made one for myself.
Can you email me what you have and I can check it out? so far looking at a wiki page and data mining right now.

Man! wayback machine rocks! I just learned so much from looking at oakley's old website while I was mining data for a wiki page.

most already know the text but here it was from the site itself. Also added some photos to the first post.

X METAL

From our industrial-alchemy bunker in the Nevada desert comes a peace-time dividend for your vision. At 3,000 degrees, we combine five metal compounds and highly reactive elements prone to exploding. Why risk it? Simply because X Metals are the only three-dimensional, hypoallergenic, all-metal frames on earth. Lightweight design combined with a mad-scientist zeal for wicked-sharp optics and the perfect fit place X Metal at the apex of optical engineering.

MARS
Mars is a sculptural mechanical frame, logically structured around a new circular lens design. Michael Jordan, a member of Oakley's Board of Directors, has been significantly involved in the design of Mars. Michael's contribution to Oakley's mad science is reflected in the frame's fluid styling. Mars is available in two configurations, one with and one without stitched leather detailing.

Flex couplers allow this 25-piece blend of X Metal� and art to fit naturally around the skull. The adjustable frame includes temple shocks, interchangeable nosebombs, and all the innovations that sculptural physics can offer. Chiseled intake ports bolt the contoured orbitals around pure Plutonite� lenses to retain the precise geometry of XYZ Optics�.
I use that site a lot lol. It definitely rocks.

I find it ironic that the XX 24K cost more than the Romeo. With that said, for those that want to browse the Oakley website circa 1998-2004 here's a link: https://web.archive.org/web/2004022...ors/eyewear/xmetal/x_metal_xx/24k_24k_iridium

If you click on "sunglasses" at the top left it's a broader opportunity.

It's cool to see a few things:

the xx plasma, R1 Plasma, were not available online but at the same time the mars ruby was. also the original juliet colorways from 5 to 9!.

XXfEB2000.PNG

MARSfEB2000.PNG

ROMEOfEB2000.PNG

jULIETfEB2000.PNG

@dragonvoi I found the Romeo Plasma/fire. It was $10 more than the other two frames. I would link it but that was a few hours ago. $285 compared to $275.

The number of Juliets matches what I have in my model spreadsheet @dragonvoi so nothing really to add.

I don't include the Brazil carbon/ruby exclusive 24-088 as all I know about that was @Romeo Van Frogskinstein saying he needed it as one of three to complete his collection, I have literally never found anything else out. Though @OakleyFrankFMJ seemed to be a bit familiar with it too - any more info on it guys?

X Metal Gold

The number of Juliets matches what I have in my model spreadsheet @dragonvoi so nothing really to add.

I don't include the Brazil carbon/ruby exclusive 24-088 as all I know about that was @Romeo Van Frogskinstein saying he needed it as one of three to complete his collection, I have literally never found anything else out. Though @OakleyFrankFMJ seemed to be a bit familiar with it too - any more info on it guys?

X Metal Gold

Juliet - Carbon - Ruby 24-088 was a certain release as an exclusive to Nilson Joias stores in Brazil. I never found one nor can I name any collector with a pair.

Can you email me what you have and I can check it out? so far looking at a wiki page and data mining right now.
I will send a PM this weekend and you can send your email address across. I am away from home working at the moment.

I work directly from the database, but I can compile this to make a stand alone version that can be used. Actually, if you found that you would like to keep additional info I could easily adjust it to take that into account.