• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XMetal, what is it?

This is pretty sick, will have to update the X-Metal guide with the result! Very curious.

Wow that's specific. Was going to guess Ti and Aluminum, the rest I mean I'll trust you there ha

That’s mostly the composition of grade 5 titanium, the most used alloy.

Yes X-metal is mostly G5. It was always sold as an alloy of 5 metals but you will find traces of other minerals in there as well In addition to the main 5. Plus PVD or whatever the coating for the generation was if it wasn’t striped out before analysis.

You guys blow. All that money spent for this analysis, and your trying to pull the curtain back. Shame on you TOTO'S:headbang:
But alas...I was even going to do a bundle give away, for the most accurate.
I am sadden by your extensive knowledge. Shame on you for ruining my fun.:punish:

Commonly referred to as Ti-6AL-4V (or Ti 6-4), this designation refers to its chemical composition of almost 90% titanium, 6% aluminum, 4% vanadium, 0.25% (max) iron and 0.2% (max) oxygen.

The Ti-6Al-4V alloy is an α–β titanium alloy that exhibits high strength, low density, and good corrosion resistance. It is one of the most commonly used titanium alloys.

Other minor compounds, <0.5%
Cr, Mg, Zr, Ni

Was able to detect down to the pico gram.

Nice call @Oakley G
If you can locate Trump, he will give you a reach around, he may be hiding around here somewhere.

Thanks for indulging me OF!
Love you Peeps.

Oh and @pjd1234 ..the Toto reference and pulling back the curtain were long before you loved your first pair of R1's...its the Wizard of Oz, if you were wondering, youngster!:biggrin:

You guys blow. All that money spent for this analysis, and your trying to pull the curtain back. Shame on you TOTO'S:headbang:
But alas...I was even going to do a bundle give away, for the most accurate.
I am sadden by your extensive knowledge. Shame on you for ruining my fun.:punish:

Commonly referred to as Ti-6AL-4V (or Ti 6-4), this designation refers to its chemical composition of almost 90% titanium, 6% aluminum, 4% vanadium, 0.25% (max) iron and 0.2% (max) oxygen.

The Ti-6Al-4V alloy is an α–β titanium alloy that exhibits high strength, low density, and good corrosion resistance. It is one of the most commonly used titanium alloys.

Other minor compounds, <0.5%
Cr, Mg, Zr, Ni

Was able to detect down to the pico gram.

Nice call @Oakley G
If you can locate Trump, he will give you a reach around, he may be hiding around here somewhere.

Thanks for indulging me OF!
Love you Peeps.
Thanks so much! I am delighted to finally know and slightly disappointed it‘s “only” plain old grade 5. Their marketing made it sound more special - of course it did.

Great work bud!

Latest Posts

Back