• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS aftermarket rubbers

SecretNinja

I am Jim Janard's Cousin's Brother In Law
Krypton
Does anyone have any opinions on the best aftermarket rubber for an XS? I bought a set from somewhere, can't remember who but, the temple shocks don't fit.

Linegear is regarded as the best aftermarket provider.

OEM rubber is still relatively easy to acquire for now...

I agree, @OakleyCan. I usually buy from LG. I'll double check to see where they came from. If not LG, I will for sure add them to my next order. Thanks.

Yes, they were from Walleva. At least the temple shox can be used in other frames and, the earsocks can probably be trimmed slightly on each end to fit an XS if needed.

keep in mind sometimes if the temple shocks won't stay in it means the washers in ear stems need to be replaced. when the washers wear and the arms feel loose people tighten down the screws on the hinges. eventually they get tightened down far enough that it squeezes the frame down enough that the rubbers get pinched and don't want to stay in.

keep in mind sometimes if the temple shocks won't stay in it means the washers in ear stems need to be replaced. when the washers wear and the arms feel loose people tighten down the screws on the hinges. eventually they get tightened down far enough that it squeezes the frame down enough that the rubbers get pinched and don't want to stay in.
Interesting point! I've never seen the t-shocks fall out but this makes sense. Definitely don't want to squeeze anything too tight with those screws. Best to get a nice new set of ear stem washers... I like the ones @scienergy sells personally, but Linegear makes excellent ear stem washers as well!

I replaced the washers today with much thanks to @zwc0442 for providing them. Earstems are nice and tight. Just the way I like them. There still is a slight uneven lean which leads me now to a bridge tune. I have a complete new rubber kit on the way (sand grey) to match the others. Just wish now that I would have gotten couplers at the same time.