• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS custom gold plating

They look beautiful!!! Mine took about a month, they paid for expedited shipping back, and did keep me updated throughout the process. I wasn’t aware of the discount for assembly but I am extremely happy with mine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be prepared, mentally, to lose track of your frame for about 3 months...
Rightly put. Since I knew him like four years, hearing nothing during the whole time is no fun. So I sent follow up email (emails) lol

That is an area seller needs improvement. Let’s say one message confirm receive frame, one more on the progress update, and one more for the final pict.

I hope you read his Steve.

They look beautiful!!! Mine took about a month, they paid for expedited shipping back, and did keep me updated throughout the process. I wasn’t aware of the discount for assembly but I am extremely happy with mine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might be have to do that his custom work is in the US? A bit of inside knowledge.

Seems a good experience for you. Do leave him more positive trading feedback ;)

I imagine it would be difficult to not hear about your frames for three months when you send them half way around the world. But man are the results worth it.
I've been considering doing it as well but seeing that I'm attached to my stuff so much I dont know if I'd be able to hand over a frame to anyone other than zach.. I've been wracking my brain on whether or not I should just get into plating here or not.. I think it's time someone over here offers the service.

I've been considering doing it as well but seeing that I'm attached to my stuff so much I dont know if I'd be able to hand over a frame to anyone other than zach.. I've been wracking my brain on whether or not I should just get into plating here or not.. I think it's time someone over here offers the service.
You should do it. If you like the end results, that would be a hell of an endorsement.

I imagine it would be difficult to not hear about your frames for three months when you send them half way around the world. But man are the results worth it.
Let me clarify my experience. I had tracking and delivery confirmation for the first step of the process, which is shipping it to an address in NJ, IIRC. (This took two days) Then it goes to Korea from there, and is lost from a tracking standpoint.

After about 6 weeks, I inquired with "Steve", and did receive a reply after a day or two. They still weren't done. Then I inquired again about 3 weeks later, and they were done, but not in the correct finish. Steve made it right, though and fixed them up. After another 3 weeks, they were assembled and shipped. After a couple of weeks, I asked again, and was told they were sent to Panama. I wrote them off at that point. But, Steve was able to get them shipped, with tracking at this point, and I got them two weeks later.

I won't be using his services again. To me, it's not worth the risk. I'll send to one of the members that offers similar services on the forum. Steve may be cheaper, but, hey, I'd rather not lose my frame just to save $50...

I think I outlined my experience on the other thread, as well. So, I apologize for retelling the story. I feel I should share my experience so others can be prepared for what MAY happen should they decide to use this service.

Yes, you should. :)

Let me clarify my experience. I had tracking and delivery confirmation for the first step of the process, which is shipping it to an address in NJ, IIRC. (This took two days) Then it goes to Korea from there, and is lost from a tracking standpoint.

After about 6 weeks, I inquired with "Steve", and did receive a reply after a day or two. They still weren't done. Then I inquired again about 3 weeks later, and they were done, but not in the correct finish. Steve made it right, though and fixed them up. After another 3 weeks, they were assembled and shipped. After a couple of weeks, I asked again, and was told they were sent to Panama. I wrote them off at that point. But, Steve was able to get them shipped, with tracking at this point, and I got them two weeks later.

I won't be using his services again. To me, it's not worth the risk. I'll send to one of the members that offers similar services on the forum. Steve may be cheaper, but, hey, I'd rather not lose my frame just to save $50...

I think I outlined my experience on the other thread, as well. So, I apologize for retelling the story. I feel I should share my experience so others can be prepared for what MAY happen should they decide to use this service.
I didn't know that. It is good to hear. I understand you not wanting to repeat that. It would be good to know how many people experienced the same thing.

Latest Posts

Back