• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS custom gold plating

Let me clarify my experience. I had tracking and delivery confirmation for the first step of the process, which is shipping it to an address in NJ, IIRC. (This took two days) Then it goes to Korea from there, and is lost from a tracking standpoint.

After about 6 weeks, I inquired with "Steve", and did receive a reply after a day or two. They still weren't done. Then I inquired again about 3 weeks later, and they were done, but not in the correct finish. Steve made it right, though and fixed them up. After another 3 weeks, they were assembled and shipped. After a couple of weeks, I asked again, and was told they were sent to Panama. I wrote them off at that point. But, Steve was able to get them shipped, with tracking at this point, and I got them two weeks later.

I won't be using his services again. To me, it's not worth the risk. I'll send to one of the members that offers similar services on the forum. Steve may be cheaper, but, hey, I'd rather not lose my frame just to save $50...

I think I outlined my experience on the other thread, as well. So, I apologize for retelling the story. I feel I should share my experience so others can be prepared for what MAY happen should they decide to use this service.

To my knowledge there are no similar services on the forum, I asked... and asked. Lol. But I wanted it badly enough to risk it. Hearing about @mjt42’s positive experience gave me the green light. Maybe the system has been streamlined since you had it done a while ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my knowledge there are no similar services on the forum, I asked... and asked. Lol. But I wanted it badly enough to risk it. Hearing about @mjt42’s positive experience gave me the green light. Maybe the system has been streamlined since you had it done a while ago?

I just had the service done this summer...actually got my frame back in my pocession just a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure when you had your service done. If it’s now in state, I’m sure the experience will be improved greatly.

I've been considering doing it as well but seeing that I'm attached to my stuff so much I dont know if I'd be able to hand over a frame to anyone other than zach.. I've been wracking my brain on whether or not I should just get into plating here or not.. I think it's time someone over here offers the service.

CA2E6606-5A84-42C5-83A9-FD5CE286BFD1.jpeg

Good point. Wishing Steve can smooth the processes out.
To me these are solid “points for improvement” and it will bring lots of customers.

I’m not hesitate to do a second pair.

In the day we live in there is no excuse for poor communication between two. I know RonkPM does electroplating and his work and communication skillz are top notch. He did my copper matte finish Juliet and the results were so good I have another frame on the way to him now, plus I just bought another pair he offered me that I will start a thread about when they arrive. Let's just say they are the sharpest Julie I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few, lol!!!! Not sure if he does the gold but it's worth a shot to ask.
Later
NCH

Looking at the pics again I noticed that he plated the recessed area in the orbitals that the lenses sit in. Have you had any issues with OEM lenses seating correctly?

In the day we live in there is no excuse for poor communication between two. I know RonkPM does electroplating and his work and communication skillz are top notch. He did my copper matte finish Juliet and the results were so good I have another frame on the way to him now, plus I just bought another pair he offered me that I will start a thread about when they arrive. Let's just say they are the sharpest Julie I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few, lol!!!! Not sure if he does the gold but it's worth a shot to ask.
Later
NCH
Try not to cut your face with those sharp Julie.

Back