1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oaks & Dawgs

Oaks & Dawgs GATA Premium Member

Ok so I got my first xs about a month ago. It had small nose bombs but I needed large nose bombs. I realized that juliet nose bombs will work on xs so I scrounged through my Juliet rubbers and found what I thought was a large set. Put em on and they fit me really well.

I got my 2nd xs today and it has large linegear nose bombs but doesn't fit like me other xs. A closer look reveals that the nose bombs on my first xs appear larger than the linegear large. So my question is...do oem oakley nose bombs come in an extra large size?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. X-Metal Beast

X-Metal Beast .

No they don't. There's 2 sizes, Large and Small. Also, XS and Juliet nosebombs are the same

Oaks & Dawgs likes this.
  3. Oaks & Dawgs

Oem large is thicker than linegear large. I just took a known oem large off a Juliet and put on the new xs and they fit great. I can wear a Juliet with a linegear large.

4. donkeanu

donkeanu Oakley Expert Premium Member

the oem rubbers have better feel than the aftermarket..unobtainium, it 'sticks' to your skin more when you're sweating..i also have both oem & LG, the size diff is not too subtle but the comfiness is quite noticeable..

congrats on your 2nd XS O&D!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member Lifetime Member

Interesting, I did not know that OEM vs Linegear sizes differed that much. I did realize they felt different. @Linegear Japan is this a correct observation?

6. Linegear Japan

Linegear Japan X-Metal Professional Platinum Forum Sponsor Premium Member

Linegear nosepads are interchangeable between Juliet and XS and yes pharmaceutical grate silicone is softer than oem's

7. supersharp

Softer indeed. When I rest the R1 that I got from you on my head it is more comfortable than oem. Oem leaves deep indentions in my head. LG is very faint. Doesn't hurt like oem, but how do they compare in size? Oem large vs LG large

8. Linegear Japan

Linegear Japan X-Metal Professional Platinum Forum Sponsor Premium Member

Linegear rubber are comfortable on the skin, yes I have same personal experience.

Linegear nosepads large vs oem large: the measurement are the same, just the material is different.

supersharp likes this.
  9. supersharp

Thanks for the clarification. Excellent product.

Linegear Japan likes this.
  10. Oaks & Dawgs

It may be mm in difference but there's a noticeable difference when wearing. With linegear large in the bottom of the orbitals tough my cheeks, with large oem they don't. There is definitely a slight thickness difference