• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS nose bombs

I'll post up some pics this evening when I get back home, but rest assured there is a distinct difference in how they fit. May not be size/thickness of the bombs themselves but rather the way they fit on the frame, but there is def a difference in how the frames fit

It would help to hook the nosepads from the upper part first, then stretch to the lower part.

another thing that can sometimes be fiddled with on frames with nosepieces is installing them backwards (the left on the right, right on the left). the bulk of the material that makes a piece "large" is on the inner side and the back is flat and in my experience it's not difficult and pretty effective to install them like this which can turn a "large" into a "small".

another thing that can sometimes be fiddled with on frames with nosepieces is installing them backwards (the left on the right, right on the left). the bulk of the material that makes a piece "large" is on the inner side and the back is flat and in my experience it's not difficult and pretty effective to install them like this which can turn a "large" into a "small".
Yep, definitely done this before. Took me a whole day wearing to figure out I had it wrong

I don't have anything to put behind there for scale or measurement but there's a slight difference. It may be millimeters but it makes a noticeable difference on my face.
0210171723.jpg
0210171726.jpg

Definitely- I've notice that too that Linegear is thinner- to the point on some frames where I've had the experience on the XX that the large OEM is too thick, Linegear small is too thin, Linegear large which falls more between those two is essentially more like an OEM small. and you're so right- a mm here and there does make a HUGE difference between an awkward fit and "just right/looks made for your face" fit.

Resurrecting this thread ;-). How does the Linegear material compare (size differences aside)? Does it perform like the OEM when sweaty? Similar texture? I noticed in the pics above that Linegear has a seam in the middle; is that always the case? Cheers.