• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS Nose Bridge

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

http://www.juleye.nl
The Netherlands
I was wondering how exactly the XS nose bridge is constructed/connected with the orbitals. I now the use the screws, but how is it connected on the inside. With the rubbers etc.
Maybe someone is willing to take it apart and post some pictures of the things used and how it is put together. I would love to see it!
I know how they did it with the Juliet etc. But how it is constructed in the XS, I can't really get around it. It has to be different, as you must be able to adjust it's stiffness through the screws for example...

I was wondering how exactly the XS nose bridge is constructed/connected with the orbitals. I now the use the screws, but how is it connected on the inside. With the rubbers etc.
Maybe someone is willing to take it apart and post some pictures of the things used and how it is put together. I would love to see it!
I know how they did it with the Juliet etc. But how it is constructed in the XS, I can't really get around it. It has to be different, as you must be able to adjust it's stiffness through the screws for example...

Here ya go :eek:)

4076865303_c40b92e785.jpg
Oakley_X SQUARED_13 by OPassion, on Flickr

4077620842_26a65ce6f9.jpg
Oakley_X SQUARED_1 by OPassion, on Flickr

More pics here -
X squared - a set on Flickr

Wow, thanks a lot mate! Awesome :D

It seems like I was wrong with the idea that you could use the screws to tighten up the nose bridge. It is just for the sake of being able to change the rubber within the nose bridge. Cool to see so :D

thanks mpmcgaughey . . .
great explosion with all details :thumb:

Wow, thanks a lot mate! Awesome :D

It seems like I was wrong with the idea that you could use the screws to tighten up the nose bridge. It is just for the sake of being able to change the rubber within the nose bridge. Cool to see so :D

yup ive been saying this for awhile now.. the screws merely replace the rivets to help the technicians do the tuneups easier.. does not actually make it tighter by turning the screws.

That's awesome. If we do get x-metals back how much you want to bet this will be the standard on all lines.

That's awesome. If we do get x-metals back how much you want to bet this will be the standard on all lines.
im guessing that too.. it would be more cost efficient for oakley if someone would send in a pair for tune up. faster/efficient job and no more rivets to replace

Back