• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS On A Large Melon.

foleyness

I should Work at Oakley
Dallas Texas
I tried on a pair of XS at the O store and they were a little tight on my large head, I've heard the x metals conform to your head over time so should I exepct these to become more comfortable?
I'd love to get a pair but I don't want to drop that much on something I can't wear.

I had the same issue with the XS. The only way its going to fit is to remove the temple shocks, but then you'll have metal to metal wear on the frame. The frames only give so much before they become too loose to wear and not hold their shape anymore(at least that's how the x metals with rivets behave). I suggest you try getting a pair of XX or Romeo 1, they fit larger heads.

You can always swap out the temple shocks for the smaller ones. I would never just remove them and leave them out as that will damage the frame over a period of time

Does it come with smaller ones or do I have to get them separate? And how much does that increase the size?

They should come with them in the box along with an extra set of different size nose pads. I would go to a store that has them in the box and ask them to swap them out to see if they fit better for you. If they dont then you can scratch the XS off your list. Dont loosen the flex coupler at the nose bride to make them fit better either. If they dont fit then maybe they are not for you..... I have a few pairs of R1's that I never wear as they are too big for me, but I can't let them go.....

The XS only comes with the installed 15 t shocks and does include any other sizes. In fact, there are not any other sizes by oakley for the XS. It does however include a set of different size nose bombs. I can tell you that the t shocks do break in and allow them to fit more comfortably over time. The flex coupler on the XS will not give you any more flexibility, only the t shocks. You should get a 90 day return policy if you purchase from an Oakley store, which gives you time to see if they break in for you.

I'm hoping to do a deal with another member here so I would just have to sell them if they didn't work out. Can you recommend a place to buy smaller t shocks from?

Don't think they make t shocks any smaller then 15, the ones that comes with the XS. I got a pair of XS looking pretty on my side table, but it doesn't fit my melon lol. I might just try to shave down the size 15 t shocks. I work in the dental lab field, so got burrs that will grind down on silicon with no probs.

Back