• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xs slate iridium lens

erap

I should Work at Oakley
I wanna hear out the actual users how different is this lens from black iridium? From pics they almost look the same. Thanks in advance

Are you referring to the unreleased X-Squared? The Polished Carbon Slate Ichiro... If so I am not sure anyone is going to be able to give you an actual 'I physically wore this and these are my thoughts' review since it was never released.

In general BI has a much lower light transmission than Slate. Slate is for low light, BI is for medium to bright light. I would not say they look the same at all up close as BI is MUCH darker than Slate. Perhaps from an angle, but that could be said about many very different lenses.

But plenty of people out there have worn slate Juliet lenses, either in the Ichiros or as the non-marked replacement lenses.

Much lighter than BI and not really interchangeable for the reasons MJLSr gives - the lenses are for different light conditions. Nice lens though and more useful than black if there is occasional cloud cover.

One of my Top 3 lens tints. Currently getting XX slate custom cut.
Ideal for low-medium light. If the sun is bright, you'll be squinting. Wear mine all the time.
Higher transmission than grey but neutral and comparable. The mirror coating makes it look cooler than grey.

One of my Top 3 lens tints. Currently getting XX slate custom cut.
Ideal for low-medium light. If the sun is bright, you'll be squinting. Wear mine all the time.
Higher transmission than grey but neutral and comparable. The mirror coating makes it look cooler than grey.

Saul, may I ask what/how donor lens yor are using for the XX Slate?

I like slate a lot, it's a modest lense that is as mentioned great for overcast conditions. I uses previously Slate and VR50 for motorcycle riding in the evenings.

Saul, may I ask what/how donor lens yor are using for the XX Slate?

I like slate a lot, it's a modest lense that is as mentioned great for overcast conditions. I uses previously Slate and VR50 for motorcycle riding in the evenings.
I think it's a Flak XLJ.

I wear slates often as well, they are lighter tinted than BI and noted are good for medium/overcast light. I have them in Mars, XX, Juliets and XS all chopped from Plaintiffs by Infinite Hero except for the XS which is OEM.
Great lens for when BI is too much.

Latest Posts

Back