• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS TEMPLE SHOX

THE X-MAN

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ILLINOIS
juliet and x squared do not share the same temple shox.whats the secret to keeping the linegear shox in place?
it seems the oem shox fit better but no matter how hard you press these things in they will fall out unless you keep those temples always out.can oem shoxs still be had???

juliet and x squared do not share the same temple shox.whats the secret to keeping the linegear shox in place?
it seems the oem shox fit better but no matter how hard you press these things in they will fall out unless you keep those temples always out.can oem shoxs still be had???
I've trimmed them with a razor to get me by, until I could find OEM ones.

I might have a few sets left.

Nothing personal to aftermarket brands but they don’t really compare. Any aftermarket pair of rubbers I just throw away they’re not worth putting on very expensive frames. Just my opinion as everyone has one.

I hear ya...... But if you can't find original rubber you're kind of stuck going after market.

I’m shocked none of the OG Metal guys haven’t spoken up yet.

XS OEM temple shocks came in a concave softer rubber option.
These are completely unique to the XS.

While yes, Juliet, XX, Mars, R1 sized temple shocks also fit, and can work - they are not the same.

Especially with a fresh tightly tuned XS, having the concave OEM temple shocks help the frame feel looser, and more comfortable.

I might be able to find some and snag some pics, but believe there are some already posted.

Used oem 15s fit much better but linegear just isn't right for the XS.walleva sells a set that has an undercut groove that would hold it in place but the thickness on their 15s are like mars 50s.

Back