• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold XS XM Minor Crack in Right Orbital

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens. Seller was up front with it so I bought them for the same price as OPs. Have had no problems.

20220130_130239.jpg

20220130_130228.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
I can't say for sure but I think it probably was and for the following reasons;

A) it looks like there is some extra material and abrasions from a small grinder or Dremel or something. Also looks like there is a slight color variation on the finish inside. Very subtle but slightly noticeable. Again it's in the inside of the socket and covered by the t- shock

B) a few years ago I sent them to a another member to have them tuned and I vaguely recall him saying something about some kind of damage and I think he may have had someone attempt to fix it. But it was a while ago and I honestly don't remember and completely forgot about it until this crack was discovered by someone else who I sold the frames to. (I did not notice it before I sold them so I took them back and gave him a different pair)

UPDATE 1/30 at 10:15 AM

SPF with 2 additional offers to buy lined up if 1st deal falls through.

Let the bidding war begin!🤣🤣🤣

I KNOW! JUST KIDDING!

This is a snake-free zone!

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
I've had a couple people tell me it's pretty common. I don't know if they meant X Metals in general or just the x squared
I meant for the squared for sure. I've not seen any in that spot on other metals. Itll last the buyer for sure. Even without a fix. I just think it was a thinner area when they were made. So it's definitely a score for a daily wearer. Congrats to the buyer..

Username Hidden said:
I can't say for sure but I think it probably was and for the following reasons;

A) it looks like there is some extra material and abrasions from a small grinder or Dremel or something. Also looks like there is a slight color variation on the finish inside. Very subtle but slightly noticeable. Again it's in the inside of the socket and covered by the t- shock

B) a few years ago I sent them to a another member to have them tuned and I vaguely recall him saying something about some kind of damage and I think he may have had someone attempt to fix it. But it was a while ago and I honestly don't remember and completely forgot about it until this crack was discovered by someone else who I sold the frames to. (I did not notice it before I sold them so I took them back and gave him a different pair)

UPDATE 1/30 at 10:15 AM

SPF with 2 additional offers to buy lined up if 1st deal falls through.

Let the bidding war begin!🤣🤣🤣

I KNOW! JUST KIDDING!

This is a snake-free zone!
I am number three in line, in case anyone wants to back out 😆

$OLD

Status
Not open for further replies.