• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XSquared Rarity

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Please rank the Xsquareds in order of rarity from least rare to most.

Since none of us know production numbers, this will be based on instinct and trading experience. Unless anyone has any insider knowledge.

I assume the most common is carbon and the rarest is that one with OO BIP lenses (forget the finish).

Anyone able to rank them all?

There is some insider information that several here on the forum know about and I will try document that data as much as I remember.

I will continue to edit this throughout the day as I am at work.

24k as it is limited to 750
Carbon/OO Black Iridium
Carbon/BI DUCATI
polished/vr28
Plasma/Ice
Xmetal/ruby
Plasma/FIP
Carbon/BI
Polished Carbon/BIP*

*the polished carbon non etched variant may easily slide into #2 in rarity

sorry ranked them backwards, rarest to least rare

There is some insider information that several here on the forum know about and I will try document that data as much as I remember.

Carbon/OO Black Iridium
Carbon/BI DUCATI
polished/vr28
Plasma/Ice
Xmetal/ruby
Plasma/FIP
Carbon/BI
Polished Carbon/BIP

Really useful. I forgot about the 24k and that the OO BI was a carbon finish.

Polished carbon the most common? Yes that feels right as it seems to come up more than plain carbon. And I also see lots of Plasma FIPs.

Would you say that the value goes up in the same order?

Really useful. I forgot about the 24k and that the OO BI was a carbon finish.

Polished carbon the most common? Yes that feels right as it seems to come up more than plain carbon. And I also see lots of Plasma FIPs.

Would you say that the value goes up in the same order?
I would say so on the value all things considered. a lot of variables there though. as mentioned there was a semi-large batch of Unboxed polished carbon pairs that had no etching. considering I dont know how easy it would be to replicate the polished carbon finish, those could be rarer, but as it stands it is fairly unknown and I am unsure of how much it adds to the value. I personally know of 3-4 active members off the top of my head who know about the PC/BIP pairs by hand and there should be some threads here around the time they were available.

I would have never guessed Polished Carbon most common. Thats the first pair I wanted, but has now become the last pair* im looking for.

*Excluding 24K

Carbon/OO Black Iridium
Carbon/BI DUCATI
polished/vr28
Plasma/Ice
Xmetal/ruby
Plasma/FIP
Carbon/BI
Polished Carbon/BIP*

*the polished carbon non etched variant may easily slide into #2 in rarity

I would have to say this is almost exactly as I would have ranked them. The only thing that I feel may be up for debate is maybe switching places with Plasma/Ice and Xmetal/Ruby. I just think I have seen more Plasma/Ice and less Xmetal/Ruby. However, this is just my opinion.

I would have to say this is almost exactly as I would have ranked them. The only thing that I feel may be up for debate is maybe switching places with Plasma/Ice and Xmetal/Ruby. I just think I have seen more Plasma/Ice and less Xmetal/Ruby. However, this is just my opinion.
I would agree 'cept most plasma frames are FIP for some reason and it makes it seem like there are less ice iridium.

I would have never guessed Polished Carbon most common. Thats the first pair I wanted, but has now become the last pair* im looking for.

*Excluding 24K
If looking at just finishes carbon can be more common because there are three variances but from a SKU standpoint I have come across a lot more polished carbon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would agree 'cept most plasma frames are FIP for some reason and it makes it seem like there are less ice iridium.

I think I get what you are saying. Since there are two different plasma colorways (sku), and only one Xmetal colorway (sku) it makes it feel like there are less XM/Ruby.

If looking at just finishes carbon can be more common because there are three variances but from a SKU standpoint there i have come across a lot more polished carbon.
Im looking for 00601-06. Granted an everyday wear pair, but rarely come across.

Back