• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX and Dillon Drake.

Tim Tams are some great cookies available in Australia. I think my ship’s crew bought out Darwin last year.

Hi folks! What do you mean by Dillon's are streaky? Thinking of getting some. Are they worthwhile compared to OEM custom cut? Are they better quality or just expensive b/c they're a small operation?

Hi folks! What do you mean by Dillon's are streaky? Thinking of getting some. Are they worthwhile compared to OEM custom cut? Are they better quality or just expensive b/c they're a small operation?

Prices vary a bit depending on the demand...

They are very clear and look very unique. The polarization can get wonky on the edges, but it has yet to bother me with headaches or anything.
They are more expensive due to the fact they are only made by Dillon and they are a small company...to get the donors, you have to have a frame. It’s a bit of a PIA. Getting them cut can be tough, too.

Thanks. So I have to buy a complete Dillon set? I thought they would sell lenses only for approved frames.

Ah. So they cut them? No way I'm sending them a pair of x-metals. I'll stick with Chris H. custom cuts!

Ah. So they cut them? No way I'm sending them a pair of x-metals. I'll stick with Chris H. custom cuts!
Yes they cut them....for their frames only and that’s the only way you can get them unless you find someone selling lenses. There is a set here for sale ATM

No, do not contact them asking to cut your x metals. You will be blacklisted.

It's simple, if you want a set of Dillon donors:

1. Buy a lens set from a member here.
2. If option 1 isn't available, buy a frame from dillonoptics website. It will come with a set of lenses. Make sure the frame and lenses are big enough to be donors for what you want.
2a. Send the lenses to be cut to someone who will cut them. @Chris A Hardaway won't cut them.
2b. Put the cut lenses in the frame of your choice.
2c. Keep the now lensless Dillon frame and you can send it back to Dillon for more lenses ($140 per lens set). Just don't be stupid and tell them you're cutting your lenses.