• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale XX Hyperpolished with OEM Custom Cut Ice Iridium

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
They came on a pirate ship all the way from Ireland, but they got here and they are AMAZING!!! just..perfeccctly polished, absolutely stunning. Thank you @SEAN WAYNE
EAF56817-66DC-4D9F-930A-C434B0594C38.jpeg

721BC95A-D40F-4762-8DC8-CABBA7DDCEBC.jpeg

Some people reacted to this post.
Stunning! Can't wait to get a pair of my own.

OBO, TTT

Still available???
TTT

Wow great looking set

Username Hidden said:
Let's not forget I own the first ever hyper polished XX, courtesy of @zwc0442 🔥🔥🔥🔥

View attachment 997730

I can't imagine it was the first. Perhaps early? I'd definitely believe it was an earlier idea for sure but there must have been tons more done before. What year did u have Zach do it? I did my first in 2016 I believe. Mine are called MegaMondosupercharged polished xx's though. Lol. I just have to check my photos. I'm sure others would have been doing them before that even. Possibly oakley experimenting as well. @Nucchem has a super old polished crater that oakley did as well from back in the early stages of xmetal creation.

Also maybe the hyperpolished xx's were done by jam customs in like 2010 or something. We'll never know who has the first hyperpolished lol. NEVER lol.

Edit:

I was wrong. My first polished xx was in April 2017. Before that I had done a few R1s in 16.

This was my first MegaMondosupercharged polished R1
Screenshot_20221008_052523.jpg

This was one of my first xx's
Screenshot_20221008_052334.jpg

Last edited:
Figured I better clear up the polish phenomena with the blue and why Ultra hyper super duper nuclear polished Oakley X Metals have a Blue.
As Thermonuclear radiation passes through the Ti during the polish , the charged particles travel faster than light can, through the polished Ti. So, the blue light you see has a higher frequency (or shorter wavelength) than the usual wavelength.
Similar to the phenomenon called Cherenkov Radiation.
:punish:
Everyone knows that😂