• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX lens question

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
XX came in Ice, Black, and 24K.
What, if any, OEM replacement lenses were produced, other than those 3?

I bought a pair recently that had an extra set of like new Ruby lenses. They had no box, but they looked like an OEM finish on the edges and the seller swore they were an "ultra rare" replacement lens. :idk:
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought a pair recently that had an extra set of like new Ruby lenses. They had no box, but they looked like an OEM finish on the edges and the seller swore they were an "ultra rare" replacement lens. :idk:
That would be amazing. In all my collecting I've never come across a replacement (OEM) that isn't one of the standard lens colors. If Oakley didn't produce other colors, I'm very interested in why. XX was a popular model and customers must have asked for other color lenses. Someone will know the answer, I'm sure ...

Never heard of it and with no matching box I'd be weary. Ice, BI and 24k all I've seen. I've done a custom cut ruby before
I have a set of custom cuts too, but these do look a lot like OEM. I had bought a pair of TiO2s that came with several pairs of extra lenses. I intended to use them, so it didn't matter to me. Custom cut or OEM, I had already paid and was happy with the deal. Still, the seller seemed very proud of the fact they weren't cuts. Either way, the seller sure thought the were originals (and I am still happy) :)

Judging by the second hand xx market prices and rarity of certain models, I don't think xx was that popular back in those days. Probably the reason why they didn't release replacement lenses in other colors.