• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX Metal Question

I did......got a set of lenses from him....fast shipping....packed well......no issues......why?

I bought a set from this guy - apparently he started collecting 15 years ago but in recent years lost interest and is slowly selling off his collection, which ranges through the first four gens. He doesn't seem to really have his facts straight on how to identify which generation is which, so if you want to ask him what gen, instead ask specifics (serial # or no, leading / trailing serial characters, etc) that'll let you figure it out yourself. Otherwise he was quick and responsive, fast shipping.

The set I bought was listed as "Oakley Juliet X Metal Titanium Plasma Frames VR28 Lens". When I got them they didn't look like any plasma I've ever seen so I went to the forum for help. Turns out they were 1st gen Ti with faded serial. Since I got them for under $300, I'm happy.

I can't speak for his entire collection but it looks like they were mostly shelf whores, rarely worn. Those 1st gen Ti have never had a tuneup yet have one of the tightest nosebridges I have ever seen, even compared to later gen NIB. Original rubbers in great shape too.

Be aware that if you happen to snag one of his early gens, there's the possibility of a little corrosion in hard-to-see places, but otherwise should be pretty clean. Some would say a little patina on an early gen enhances their "raw" look...

Here's a link to my thread on the 1st gen Ti I bought from him if you want to read more:
Need help identifying finish | Oakley Forum

Happy bidding...

Latest Posts

Back