• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX Nose Bombs

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
Anyone have an idea as to why none of the aftermarket companies have made replacement nose bombs for the XX? I checked eBay as well as Linegear and no one seems to offer them.

Is there a particular reason why places like Linegear are willing to make full sets for the Juliet, R1 and Mars but not for the XX? They're supposedly in the works for making sets for the XS but who knows if they'll push out full sets. The Penny and R2 has no rubber sets lined up but I can understand those as those are probably not as popular. Maybe the Penny is a wee bit more popular but the R2 definitely isn't.

It just seems like for the XX they just used the Juliet ear socks and t-shocks and just didn't bother making the nose bombs even though their sample pics show that they do have original XX nose bombs that they can use to cast a mold.

I'm trying to make my final custom pair of X-Metals which will be an X-Metal XX with Silver Mirror lenses and white rubber sets from Linegear but I'd hate to have all the rubbers white minus the nose bombs.

oakley OEM only had XX rubbers in black, and those are rarer than hens teeth... your best bet is to email linegear - i hear theyre pretty responsive to customers ideas. tell them theres a big market for it - i know more than a handful of us here are looking for them.

also while youre at it, i want larger nosebombs for the Romeo2. bigger than the factory large... lemme know how it goes =)