• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX TiO2 related query

Fakir

The Golden Era is behind us...
A Mountain
Hi Folks.
I did come across a few threads that talk about the oxidation/discoloration issue on the Gen 1 TiO2.
I personally love the "Bone" finish and have been looking for one.
I can across one finally and the pics show the current condition.
I have been informed that they were seldom worn and have remained boxed for the years that the owner has had them.
Would be great to see comments on the condition and buying price of these BNIB and also "Sunglass only"
Thanks.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

Nice pair! Original?? If so they look above average, more BNIB than LNIB based on what I can see from the frame, presuming the lenses are mint.

The x metal pieces look awfully dark. Any pics of the bottom of the orbitals?
With nice lenses $450-500 if the flex coupler is solid.

3 replies and all 3 throw caution to the finish [original?]... Hmmmm... Is this an XTxxxxx# serial? There is a mention of a box for storage but apparently not the original box?

Looks legit most likely the finish became what it is because of prolong storage of cold or hot temps..looks like an early first gen to me..

I enquired about these. Was it on gumtree?

They're also currently on eBay with bids much higher than what he listed them on gumtree for.

I told him I was all set to do a deal but questioned how come they were on eBay fetching more money.

He never answered and gumtree ad was deleted. Could be a legitimate reason but seems a bit dodgy.

The gumtree price was a great price for them mind!