• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX TiO2 Slate

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Thanks to @RoTors for trading with me. My R1 XMetal for his XX TiO2.

Special thanks to @InfiniteHero for the custom slate lenses which arrived today.

These were cut from Flak XLJ (very tight) and the first attempt didn't work out through some kind of machine fail. While many would cut their losses and refund the disappointed customer at that point, not IH. He immediately ordered replacement Flaks without my even asking and organized a second attempt.

That led to a perfect fit you see below and very happy customer (me). I know you made a loss on this IH, so hats off to you for the service you provide.

Isn't it lovely:

IMG_0751.JPG

Congratulations on the great frame and lenses. IH does an excellent job at customer satisfaction when he is providing lens for custom cuts.

That looks really nice! I don't like slate lenses because I prefer darker iridium polarized ones but that it matches with that TiO2 frame nicely.

Love Slates, wearing a pair today!
Custom cuts can be a pain. You can toast a cut for someone and you are in a position to replace the lenses resulting in a loss for the cutter.
Then on the other hand you have people that are afraid to cut them themselves because of the potential downside yet they don't think cutting is worth much, like $20 or so. But you gotta have a lot of trouble-free transactions to break even on that one that you toasted, especially if you have to pay full retail for the replacement donors.
Some people don't even try to make it right, they just sweep it under the rug and move onto the next "favor".
Nice job of taking one on the chin @InfiniteHero , especially on an International transaction!

Love Slates, wearing a pair today!
Custom cuts can be a pain. You can toast a cut for someone and you are in a position to replace the lenses resulting in a loss for the cutter.
Then on the other hand you have people that are afraid to cut them themselves because of the potential downside yet they don't think cutting is worth much, like $20 or so. But you gotta have a lot of trouble-free transactions to break even on that one that you toasted, especially if you have to pay full retail for the replacement donors.
Some people don't even try to make it right, they just sweep it under the rug and move onto the next "favor".
Nice job of taking one on the chin @InfiniteHero , especially on an International transaction!

What does international transaction have to do with it? I pay for tracked insured shipping, use PayPal goods and services, and am a reliable repeat buyer. There's no additional risk to seller than selling to the guy round the corner :)

What does international transaction have to do with it? I pay for tracked insured shipping, use PayPal goods and services, and am a reliable repeat buyer. There's no additional risk to seller than selling to the guy round the corner :)
Actually there is more risk selling to the guy around the corner cause he can come over and kick your ass. :p

Love the R1 I gsined from our trade, but I am missing the TiO2s :(

Maybe we could work out visitation rights LOL

Slate looks really good with TiO2, nice choice on those lenses!