• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX Tune Up?????

Well maybe it will be okay, I just honestly don't think my wife would go for $65 more dollars on my sunglasses after spending almost a $100 on them already with lenses and rubbers. *I'm already walking the tight rope lol. *

I may have to get with one of you guys of I decide to get them tuned, would beat going without glasses for a month. I would feel naked lol!

Is there anything special you need to say to get them to offer replacement ear stem rubbers? I have a couple Juliets that could use some new rubber or just a change up in color.

I have 3 pairs of juliets that you could compare with yours if you were closer to Nashville.
All of them are a little loose on the right side. At one point I was going to send them for a tune up, but found a pair in a Vault that was supposed to be new and they were the same way. After a comparison, I decided mine were not as bad as I thought.

I looked at them again and the left side is really tight, but the right side is loose. Its not horrible bit it's definitely not like the left side. Hopefully when time comes I will still be able to get a tuneup! My black iridium should be here any day! I've always had polarized lenses but we will see how these work out!

Anyone have issues after having a tune up done on juliets and returned to you just as bad as before the tune up was done? I had my juliets tuned up about a month ago and the nose /bridge that has the rubber in side the frame to allow the glasses to flex is as loose as it was before i sent them in for a tune up after about a month of lite duty use. I called Oakley and they are paying for shipping them back and have the glasses tuned up again for free...but sadly it will take close to three weeks to get them back. Oakley says they have no way to speed this up even if it was just in for the tune up.

I took my XX into walk-in warranty and when they came back out, they weren't any tighter than when i handed it to the tech. He told me it's because the holes for the rivets wear out over time from friction and there's no way to tighten them up. I guess when you get a "tune up" they're just replacing the rubber gaskets inside the bridge. Since it's a rivet and not a screw, there's nothing really to tighten up. He said he could replace the nose bridge for me and that would tighten it up, but all he had in stock was a 24k nosebridge. Since the one i brought in was X-Metal, i opted not to. He did let me keep the 24k nosebridge in case i ever need to tune up my 24k pair :smile:

When I purchased my IH Juliets BINB from Oakley they came slightly loose. I called them and they told me to send them back for a replacement. I posted it here on the board to find that all of the IH Juliets are like that. I decided to keep them instaed of shipping them back. I hesitate to send in any of my metals, I would also send them to another member and walk them in instead....

Latest Posts

Back