• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX Worth?

Hando

Oakley Expert
I know there are other threads to ask value.. but I'm not actually looking for a dollar amount. I'm not posting this in the exchange yet cause I don't know what I want to do. I'm thinking of offering some juliets for a single XX. It's the only X Metal I don't have (I only care about having one of each). Would you trade two pairs of juliets for an XX, or am I nuts?

I have three pairs of non serialized plasma in various conditions. Honestly, I don't care which pair of XX. The Titanium are nice.. just want.. a pair.

Honestly you're in the ballpark and as XMM opined it does depend on which one you're looking for. You're not gonna get a Plasma XX for even 3 pair of Plasma Juliets but 2 pair of plasma (loose not boxed) are about what XX's are going for now.
Figure value at $225-250 for a pair of Plasma Juliets and XX's are around $500. X Metal about 400-450 and Ti02/24K about $450-500.
So you're on the right track IMHO you just gotta find someone who doesn't want a pair of XX's- that will be the trick...

Honestly you're in the ballpark and as XMM opined it does depend on which one you're looking for. You're not gonna get a Plasma XX for even 3 pair of Plasma Juliets but 2 pair of plasma (loose not boxed) are about what XX's are going for now.
Figure value at $225-250 for a pair of Plasma Juliets and XX's are around $500. X Metal about 400-450 and Ti02/24K about $450-500.
So you're on the right track IMHO you just gotta find someone who doesn't want a pair of XX's- that will be the trick...

+1 to CarGuy

There was an auction on eBay within the last couple of days (item id: 121246739529) for a pair of XX TiO2 (serialized) and XX 24k (serialized) with boxes, coins, and a stand. It went for $810... I personally think the TiO2 & 24k prices CarGuy listed are a little on the high side for those two.

There was a pair of XX Plasma/Ice that sold same-day here on the forum on 1/4/2014, asking price $575 (I bet the seller got it). I bought a pair of serialized XX Plasma/Ice (w/box & coin) last year for well over $500 as well.

I do agree with CarGuy implication that X-Metal XX isprobably the least expensive way to get into XX... if you can find 'em.

Anyway, just my $0.02 from another XX fan

+1 to CarGuy

There was an auction on eBay within the last couple of days (item id: 121246739529) for a pair of XX TiO2 (serialized) and XX 24k (serialized) with boxes, coins, and a stand. It went for $810... I personally think the TiO2 & 24k prices CarGuy listed are a little on the high side for those two.

There was a pair of XX Plasma/Ice that sold same-day here on the forum on 1/4/2014, asking price $575 (I bet the seller got it). I bought a pair of serialized XX Plasma/Ice (w/box & coin) last year for well over $500 as well.

I do agree with CarGuy implication that X-Metal XX isprobably the least expensive way to get into XX... if you can find 'em.

Anyway, just my $0.02 from another XX fan

You think the prices are a little on the high side? I would have said they were towards the low end of the scale.
I agree on availability though,they seem to be the least common x- metal,you see 10 Romeos for every XX that comes up for sale.thing is to grab one when you get the chance.

I would say 24k is $300-400 depending on condition and box. TiO2 $400-550 and xmetal at $400-500 plasma =ridiculous lol. So many factors condition, box, lenses generation

Latest Posts

Back