• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Xx Xmetal Questions

Gecko

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
California
I have owned a few pairs bit never encountered this so i thought i would ask. I purchaded a plasma and tio2. Both are very tight but the tio right arm is about a 1/8 off the ground when laid on a flat surface. Took the arm off and tje gaskets were missing. So i checked the other side and one was missing there. Does anyone have a good solution to making or getting ahold of these.? I have many juliets but id rather not just steal from another pair and still br missing some. Also i need some orbital gaskets...but im sure i can buy some off the bay.

Thank you for your input.
Ill post pixs later when im not on phone.

Clark

tweak em till there even,you wont break that titanium,i always put a little grease on the arms.i dont think the washers really matter anyways, they only reduce friction.

I would not put grease on the pivot areas for a couple of reasons. First off depending on what you put in there eventually it will seep out onto the frame and possiblely discolor it. The grease may react to heat and drip out onto your face and then possible smudge your lenses. The washers due reduce friction and are there for a reason. If there is no washers, and you tighten down the screw, it will cause the temple arm to hit the frame first before it settles onto the temple shock. This will cause rub wear on the front end of the temple and eventaully wear the metal down from repeated usage. Plus the screw can only be tightened so far and repeated use of the temple openng and closing can wear inside the pivot point.

Check with member BriP His buddy "DGmods" may have the replacement washers you need. And they do require to be inserted correctly as this will set the temple even within the pivot.

As for them being uneven. Replace the washers first, they are there for a reason, then adjust your frame accordingly. The frame uneveness is common even brand new outta the box....

a little grease reduces the friction between 2 metals,grease stays put unlike wd-40.yes it should have washers i think they take up the clearance between frame and arms.ive always had good luck with lubriplate lithium grease and the arms always feel smoother too.i guess its perssonal preference though.

i would recommend cutting new plastic washers and NOT using grease. sadly, DGmods has discontinued the hinge washers, but Oakley HQ may have stock. try asking them.

otherwise, get a circular puncher and go crazy on some transparency sheets haha.

good luck.

Back