• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Yellow MM color variations thread....

XxRuMKaxX

I Should Work at M-Experiment
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I got in a second yellow MM today. The third I have ever held. The first was some time ago but I recall thinking "why do they call it yellow when it looks so orange. Then I sold it and a couple years later, this December picked up another one. That one looked like yellow with a orange hue and I did not think much of it. Everything checked out on it as authentic. Then this one came today and it is the Orangey Yellow I have ever seen. So much so I immediately thought I might have a fake. So I contacted @zwc0442 and sent many pictures of the two side by side inside and out. The only real mystery to me is some writing on the backplate of the orangey one and the different shades of yellow. Zach says from the pictures it all checks out and it has, even the weights are each 6.4oz with 11 links. So what shade is your yellow? Does anyone know what the markings on the backplate are about? Ive seen them for battery change dates but not with a message or numbering... Im just buffudled
DAD7CEC4-8A1E-4839-948F-00E6F19BEBE6.jpeg
65E90180-9222-40A4-9A57-6F52F91CEAD9.jpeg

Hopefully some more folks post some pics of theirs! Now that I realize there are different shades its quite intriguing! I must have one that spent allot of days under the florida sun and one that was put away and hardly ever saw daylight because they are two completely different shades. The sub dials on the faded are almost a off white and the bright one is super orange.
6E2F7ACB-7656-4BB3-8A0D-14FF7F5E9B4B.jpeg
image.jpg

If I remember correctly they both originally came like this OEM. I’ve personally had five of these and I’ve seen both variations. If you are going for a DLC I would suggest the more orange to have a more clean and consistent look. 👍

If I remember correctly they both originally came like this OEM. I’ve personally had five of these and I’ve seen both variations. If you are going for a DLC I would suggest the more orange to have a more clean and consistent look. 👍
Preference for look I agree but if I am keeping one original OEM I want it to be that one to... It is not going to be an easy choice. The faded came to me kinda loved so I polished the scratches out and it has kept that look so case wise its the better candidate... I might just have to get a 3rd 😂

Back