• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

You spent HOW MUCH on sunglasses?!!

BeccaBear

Oakley Enthusiast
So I told my friends I'd be getting some Oakleys and then the first thing they ask is how much they are... so I tells them 195ish and they're like " :eek: WHAT?!!!! Why on earth are you spending that much on shades when you can get some for 10 bucks in a store down the road... " and then I showed them a pic of fuel cells and they're like "....they're plastic!!!" And now they think I'm insane because imma spend 195 bucks on some plastic sunglasses :(

What on earth do you say to that?

I went to Oakley HQ and we were taken on a tour. The first place we spent time in was where they test the lenses. The guide took a pointed piece of steel like a stake and dropped it on a pair of 10 dollar glasses and they shattered, then dropped it on a pair of Oakley's it bounced off. Also shot a pair with a ball bearing and the same thing it bounced off. Oakley's protect your eyes period..

So I told my friends I'd be getting some Oakleys and then the first thing they ask is how much they are... so I tells them 195ish and they're like " :eek: WHAT?!!!! Why on earth are you spending that much on shades when you can get some for 10 bucks in a store down the road... " and then I showed them a pic of fuel cells and they're like "....they're plastic!!!" And now they think I'm insane because imma spend 195 bucks on some plastic sunglasses :(

What on earth do you say to that?
Just tell them you know guys who are crazier than you are and have spent WAY WAY more than you.

Also show them some of the Oakley videos with impact testing and clarity testing. ;)

I dunno how old your friends are but if they haven't figured out its a good idea to protect your eyes then there's not really gonna be much convincing them now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure who in 2016 thinks $200 on glasses is expensive. Seems like par for the course. At least with Oakley they cost what they cost because there's some quality involved, not like some of the designer brands.

I went to Oakley HQ and we were taken on a tour. The first place we spent time in was where they test the lenses. The guide took a pointed piece of steel like a stake and dropped it on a pair of 10 dollar glasses and they shattered, then dropped it on a pair of Oakley's it bounced off. Also shot a pair with a ball bearing and the same thing it bounced off. Oakley's protect your eyes period..

I watched a video like this on YouTube :) was quite interesting!

Back