• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Your Android Setup

Yeti

Frostmonkey
Staff member
Calgary Alberta
I am sure there are other Android fans on here, but are any running any highly customized setups?

I am running AOKP Maguro Jelly Bean 4.2.1 on a Galaxy Nexus w/ Nova Launcher.

Uh, I have go launcher or something. Samsung droid charge. I wanted to do more but there's too much out there for me to want to sift thru it all. I checked and have 2.3.6 firmware.

If you can recommend something, I'm all ears.

Uh, I have go launcher or something. Samsung droid charge. I wanted to do more but there's too much out there for me to want to sift thru it all. I checked and have 2.3.6 firmware.

If you can recommend something, I'm all ears.

eesh I am sure there is a factory update available for your phone. You'll see huge performance improvements if you can find one. I'll see what I can find for you...what network are you on?

eesh I am sure there is a factory update available for your phone. You'll see huge performance improvements if you can find one. I'll see what I can find for you...what network are you on?

I spoke too soon. Looks like Samsung kind of abandoned your phone. There are options available but they are really sketchy so I wouldn't suggest it.

Apparently they were supposed to release an Ice Cream Sandwich update, but that got scrapped and they EOL'd (end of life) the phone so it's essentially dead now.

I've got a Samsung Note 2 running stock Jelly Bean... For the moment.

I just moved over from a HTC Evo running Liquid ROM (custom ROM my buddy designed)...

I can honestly say that I have no issues with my Note 2 running JB 4.1.1 and Touch Wiz... This thing is really sick!

Currently running a Samsung T769 AKA T-Mobile Blaze. I've tried just about every rom for this phone, I keep coming back to slimbean 3.1.0.

I spoke too soon. Looks like Samsung kind of abandoned your phone. There are options available but they are really sketchy so I wouldn't suggest it.

Apparently they were supposed to release an Ice Cream Sandwich update, but that got scrapped and they EOL'd (end of life) the phone so it's essentially dead now.

Great... Happens to every phone I buy. To the point I'll never purchase another motorola product. Luckily, the phone has everything I need or want for now. Thanks for checking.

Great... Happens to every phone I buy. To the point I'll never purchase another motorola product. Luckily, the phone has everything I need or want for now. Thanks for checking.

At this point the only way to guarantee you are going to have good aftermarket support with Android is to buy a Nexus device direct from Google (best option and price) or one of the Galaxy S# line.

I'm using Galaxy S3 with 4.1.2 firmware.
I have yet to really customize my phone and would probably go with GO launcher soon.
Downloaded this free weather app by GO and I had to uninstall it because of some inaccuracies.
Great app just waiting for an update from the developer.

Back