• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Your Best Or Most Interesting Find

gunezzue

Oakley Beginner
Texas,
What is your most interesting find? or finds.

mine are:
A pair of Grey smoke Gascans with Titanium lenses, i found them at a thrift store in bad condition.. i think a dog got hold of them, i got some emerald lenses for them and they look cool i think, i call them my tattered jean pair haha, they were $6

I've gotten a lot of pairs from my job(lifeguard sup) for free but that's a bit boring. (if they're in lost and found long enough they're mine, 14 days)

Always a rush finding a pair for cheap or free :dance3:

[pics later?]

My 10/10 polarized x squareds i found on craigslist for 200 bucks... when we met i found out it was missing the box sleeve and they had no spare nosebombs/vault i was able to talk him down another 50 so 150 for a pair of X squareds polarized =)

Got my complete lnib juliet ichiro polished carbon slate for less than $500 in my local ad site. Needless to say, they are my best find so far, not really counting two 24k juliets for less than $500 each way before they sold online by oakley...

Best and most interesting acquisition is the unreleased Super Sports Pro M Frame - Red - Grey, purchased in '07 from an Oakley employee, perhaps the most insane glass ever created. Other than this several pairs with unreleased lenses, factory made pairs never released, numerous production issues of extreme rarity, and some of the rarest gen 3 Frogskins.

Best and most interesting acquisition is the unreleased Super Sports Pro M Frame - Red - Grey, purchased on '07 from an Oakley employee, perhaps the most insane glass ever created. Other than this several pairs with unreleased lenses, factory made pairs never released, numerous production issues of extreme rarity, and some of the rarest gen 3 Frogskins.
Why must you be such a tease! I need to see what that pair looks like.

mine was the unreleased gen1 titanium/ ti clear crosshair i got from a fellow member.

the most fun i ha getting a pair was a gen1 j serial juliet. it was on my local ad site while i was overseas, and i called a friend to go oer there, describe it over the phone for me, and negotiated a $70 pricetag. all from 3000kms away. lol.

oh also the romeo1 i nabbed off ebay for $250 basically in new condition. it was on there for 5 mins, locally advertised on ebay australia. i hit the bin as soon as i read the description once lol. free shipping too!

My best acquisition to date has to be my mint Blade II(with deep Ruby hues) Over the Tops BNIB for a very reasonable 660 quid including postage.
DSCF4711.jpg

My best was definitely my very first pair of Oakleys (Minute Polarized) 10 years ago = $ 0.00
Bought them on ebay but they did not show up.
So I decided to get my money back from PayPal.
One day later I got mail from the customs. They wrote I can pick up my shades at their office.
Same day the seller deleted his ebay and Paypal account and so it happened I had the Minute and the money.

BB's CHARITY AUCTION GIVEAWAY #2: Shaun White & Frogskin Displays + Extras!

For me it was a countertop display at a clients. They needed some network and server work, but couldnt pay. I asked about trading out and they offered the old Oakley display. since they werent dealers any longer. Oh yea it had 11 pairs of glasses in it, as well a mirror, lens display, pop cards and swag.

Back