• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Your Workspace

This would be considered my office...

p1000727oh.jpg

It's my home away from home for 6 months of the year. One month on and one month off. It does have it's pros and cons, but it also affords me the opportunity to build my O collection.

Is your neighbour playing virtual golf?

No. He's a golfer and his wallpaper is rotating pictures of golf courses. He's also my boss, so you can tell who gets more work done.

And I only snapped this picture because my desk had a moment of cleanliness today. Yes, that's clean for my desk.

Moving right to left... The bin is a stack of soda cans with a new ceramic-infused paint we're testing insulating properties on. The vertical sorter are pending engineering change projects I work on in my "spare" time. The manilla folders are current jobs with enough junk to warrant a folder and stack up about 10 deep and 4 big ones in the lower trays. The papers in front are jobs that don't require much paperwork, I think there's somewhere south of 15 in there. Then a few tools, my calculator (Ti-86), and a radio hidden by my phone. One monitor has a set of McMaster and Grainger catalogs for reference, the other has a bin with sticky notes, highlighters, markers, and a knife.

My computer has 10 items open constantly; ERP database for inventory, order, and bill of material management, Outlook, current order schedule, engineering schedule, hour-by-hour issue tracking database, AutoCAD, engineering drawing directory, Inventor, Autodesk Vault, and finally the indented bill of material report to give me details of nested BOMs.

Left of the monitors is a stack of note pads. Some small ones for jotting things down, 2 big ones for meeting or project notes, and a grid one for sketching. Then a stack of drawings, miscellaneous stuff. A binder from yesterday' training class on problem solving and lean manufacturing root cause analysis that I'm going to start conducting next week, and my travel pad with notes and business cards.

And I have 3 file cabinets, mostly full.

I need a bigger desk.

Back