• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Zax’s Custom Page

Zax

Chicago
Not sure if anyone really cares, but I thought I would share some of the custom work I've done throughout the past couple of months. A few of these have been given out as freebies with purchases, many of which were prototypes gone bad or poor prints. Been messing around with 3D Printing, laser engraving and some basic cabinetry. Started with the fact that I needed a display, but needed to be a bit more compact than the standard 3.1 single wide.

*My paint job leaves much to be desired. I got impatient and used spray paint...

Case 1.JPG
Case 2.jpg

Needed stands for my tower, but they're hard to find and expensive! So I went ahead and designed my own

2-tier.PNG
1c6a12ad804339c53efe283cdb322b76.jpg

Decided to make some for X-Metals. Had a lot of help from @dh4645, providing measurements and what not. Came out with these:

View attachment 382904
2-Tier 1.JPG
2-Tier 3.JPG
Single Tier.JPG

Then decided to mess around with laser engraving, because why not. While the settings are still not perfect, I got to this:

Engraving.JPG

IMG_9418.JPG

Will continue to add...

Last edited:
Wow @Zax! That is incredible!!!! Great job with the stands and the etching. Your cabinet looks amazing!!

I would make a suggestion though, get another piece of glass/perspex and make a door for the cabinet. It will really help with keeping the dust out and off the sunglasses so that you don't have to constantly clean them and risk scratching the lenses.

Wow @Zax! That is incredible!!!! Great job with the stands and the etching. Your cabinet looks amazing!!

I would make a suggestion though, get another piece of glass/perspex and make a door for the cabinet. It will really help with keeping the dust out and off the sunglasses so that you don't have to constantly clean them and risk scratching the lenses.

Thanks! I originally thought about that, but was worried about my 2 year old. She hasn't been too crazy with it though, so maybe I should add one. I was afraid of her opening and slamming it shut haha. I've been meaning to make a frame for the door and hang it, but just haven't had time. Definitely hard to keep the dust off at the moment!

Thanks! I originally thought about that, but was worried about my 2 year old. She hasn't been too crazy with it though, so maybe I should add one. I was afraid of her opening and slamming it shut haha. I've been meaning to make a frame for the door and hang it, but just haven't had time. Definitely hard to keep the dust off at the moment!
Just make it like the normal oakley cabinets with a lock at the top or bottom. Leave the bottom one "unlocked" and leave the key in place at the top and out of reach, to keep it locked. The other thing about a 2 y.o. is that you don't want them to climb up on the shelving either just in case it overbalances onto them, especially if the cabinet isn't anchored to the wall securely. I've seen a few accidents where that's happened to little ones.

Just make it like the normal oakley cabinets with a lock at the top or bottom. Leave the bottom one "unlocked" and leave the key in place at the top and out of reach, to keep it locked. The other thing about a 2 y.o. is that you don't want them to climb up on the shelving either just in case it overbalances onto them, especially if the cabinet isn't anchored to the wall securely. I've seen a few accidents where that's happened to little ones.

I've thought about that too for the door. I also need to get the right hardware, just never had a chance. As far as the actual cabinet, it's also anchored to the wall behind ;)

Latest Posts

Back