• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Zeiss Polarized Lenses On EBay

350nick

Oakley Expert
Has anyone else seen the Zeiss lenses on eBay for a range of Oakley frames.

I think they are sold by Fuse but was wondering if these will be a decent aftermarket option? I know Zeiss have a good reputation.

I have never tried aftermarket lenses yet but would be nice if these are decent.

Interesting...

I believe Zeiss produces quality optics. So if these really are what they claim, they have potential.

What's strange, though, is when I go to Fuse Lens' actual website, I can't find any mention of Zeiss optics; only in their ebay listing.

And what appear to be identical lenses being sold on their website for $25 are being sold on ebay for $100 with the Zeiss name attached.

Maybe it's not deception; could just be out-of-date. But personally I'd want some sort of provenance that Zeiss Vision actually provided these.

Ebay auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZEISS-G15-P...669?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9126c67d

Fuse website:
http://www.fuselenses.com/oakley/juliet.html#sthash.6bT4YEoW.MtPu47hO.dpbs

On fuses website, they only appear to show one color for Zeiss and on the lens info page they show it for Zeiss Midnight Blue Polarized.

http://www.fuselenses.com/lens-info.html

ZEISS Midnight Blue Mirror Premium Polarized Lenses are an all metal mirror coated version of our grey polarized lenses and completely block harmful UVA/UVB rays. Light transmission 11%

ZEISS Lenses are made from optical-grade polymers that are first molded to incredibly tight product specifications in a carefully controlled manufacturing process.

i have a set of fuse metallic blaze lenses in a pair of square wire 2.0 spring hinge i have. they do not distort in the peripheral or when you hold them at an angle like other cheap lenses do. it is really hard to keep the lenses clean though, even with Oakley hydrophobic coating on them.

Last edited:
Bit confusing indeed. If only one color is Zeiss, how does that production plan work? Fuse makes lenses for multiple brands and models, and then they ask Zeiss to do their own run separately?

I can't even find a non-rendered pic of the Midnight Blue lenses. I am curious, though.

No reply from Zeiss yet, but not a surprise - the time I sent the inquiry was after COB Friday, German time. And even during business hours, it may take a while - I happen to know that most of Germany goes on vacation in August...

It would be great if they are genuine Zeiss. I do have my doubts though!

Ok guys, IF someone is selling Ziess lenses custom cut for Oakley frames the price will be well over 100. I have that capability no issue. Those type lenses you pay a price for non prism, then add the prism price, then a teflon scratch coating, then the iridium, then the color base, then polarization. After all that you are talking cost is over 100. plus the custom cut price. SOooooooo if you guys would like to work some deals I need to know what colors you would like and then I will see what I can get direct from Zeiss. Plenty of you guys have gotten OEM cuts from me, but since these are a bit more expensive, albeit won't scratch, and better quality, figured no one would bite. I think they have a Red that people would like too.

I am working on another brand typical to Oakley, same quality and specs, which will offer different colors and possibly a lower price point cut. PM for those that are interested in Zeiss. Can do prescription lenses and cuts also. Would need frame for anything other than OEM lenses. Thanks

Back