• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Zeiss Polarized Lenses On EBay

I have ordered those lenses in the past from Fuse lenses and I can tell you they are top notch. Of course that's to my eye. I haven't performed the extensive tests or anything but they're definitely thick like Oakley lenses and are more expensive than the rest of the Fuse lenses. I'd definitely recommend them.

They're also the only lenses on their site that have this description (optical grade polymers).

ZEISS Lenses are made from optical-grade polymers that are first molded to incredibly tight product specifications in a carefully controlled manufacturing process.

I think the whole question here is if they're authentically from Zeiss or if it's false advertising.

The whole qtrain replacement lens fiasco shows that one cannot properly judge optical quality just from eyeballing them. And I doubt anyone's going to go through the effort of buying a set and getting them analyzed the way some other aftermarkets have been in the past.

So the only other way to confirm quality is for Zeiss to confirm that they're supplying to Fuse. And they haven't responded to my inquiry yet.

But that's all just my opinion, there's nothing stopping anybody from running with them out of faith... but not me.

I think the whole question here is if they're authentically from Zeiss or if it's false advertising.

The whole qtrain replacement lens fiasco shows that one cannot properly judge optical quality just from eyeballing them. And I doubt anyone's going to go through the effort of buying a set and getting them analyzed the way some other aftermarkets have been in the past.

So the only other way to confirm quality is for Zeiss to confirm that they're supplying to Fuse. And they haven't responded to my inquiry yet.

But that's all just my opinion, there's nothing stopping anybody from running with them out of faith... but not me.

I definitely understand your point. I'd be interested to know their reply as well.

I can tell you, though, to my untrained eye they are every bit as crisp and clear as Oakley Polarized lenses.

ok guys,
I can do Zeiss lenses no problem. Working on a color list and options for them. Here is the difference. Zeiss lenses for doing this are totally custom and type specific to what is ordered. Prism based, mirror coating (Iridium), color base, actual color coating, and polarization and FINALLY the Scratch resistance coating are what the choices are. I will say NO Matter what a fully optioned lens like mentioned above is far past the 100 mark. Add cutting and we are over $200 per pair. Prices are likely to be around $225 for a set, and matched directly to your frame. Now, several options like no mirror or no scratch can vastly change that price. A Buyer if wearing the lenses should do the scratch, it is a quartz coating that severely hampers scratches. You would likely go through 2-3 sets of Oakley lenses before worrying about these. SO my suggestion is if you are wearing the lenses this is a choice for you, if display then no I wouldn't get them myself. This would be done through me directly per usual. However all documentation for Zeiss would be returned with the glasses. I am trusted to no worries. I have always been able to do this, just never offered it due to prices. Prescription options are available also, but higher prices of course. Questions please pm me.

its good as Andrew is offering these zeiss sets for 200 bucks???? hmmmm its got to be some special color that's is very unique for me to get these sets so pics would be much appreciated.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/fuse-lenses-review.35414/

You can check the review in the link. I don't know if they are zeiss lenses, but I can't imagine why they'd use that name.

Most people dont even know that zeiss makes sunlenses...I mean zeiss bought sola sunlens a few years ago and that's essentially what these new " zeiss" lenses are.

Either way, their regular lenses are good quality as were the ones they labelled "zeiss."

its good as Andrew is offering these zeiss sets for 200 bucks???? hmmmm its got to be some special color that's is very unique for me to get these sets so pics would be much appreciated.

As I said in my post, OVER $200 is the magic word, not at 200. They are expensive, really just like prescription lenses are, but without that part. They would be. I am working a list of, or pictures of available colors, when dealing with that industry its typically listed out in plain colors and and only a few colors are available. From eye docs not a ton of people get colored lenses, most are the basic smoke color. Or Transitions. Will work on this, and those mentioned above may be fine. IF they are prism based, and the optical clarity is there then why not. If someone typically goes to the trouble to have a prism based lens, the optics should be okay, the only issue is the coatings that go on top. Linegears issue is the coatings that end up distorting the images. On Q's lenses, I think it was a combination of both the polycarbonate quality and the coating.

As I said in my post, OVER $200 is the magic word, not at 200. They are expensive, really just like prescription lenses are, but without that part. They would be. I am working a list of, or pictures of available colors, when dealing with that industry its typically listed out in plain colors and and only a few colors are available. From eye docs not a ton of people get colored lenses, most are the basic smoke color. Or Transitions. Will work on this, and those mentioned above may be fine. IF they are prism based, and the optical clarity is there then why not. If someone typically goes to the trouble to have a prism based lens, the optics should be okay, the only issue is the coatings that go on top. Linegears issue is the coatings that end up distorting the images. On Q's lenses, I think it was a combination of both the polycarbonate quality and the coating.
Looking forward to those pics bro.

Nope.

But IH makes a valid point on Fuse's price point. And a different thread reviewed Fuse lenses and couldn't find any difference between their "Zeiss" lenses and their house brand. Draw your own conclusions...

Back