• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

12 Gauge Carbon Bracelet/Band Construction & Materials

Godzilla

Oakley Expert
USA
I own a titanium bracelet edition 12 Gauge. Oakley's website description states that the band is consisted of carbon fiber composites with titnium. Can anyone explain to me the definition of carbon fiber composites? I called Oakley for an explanation and was told that the band was not carbon fiber but was unobtanium with titanium. I was also told that the carbon was the black color of the unobtanium and the carbon fiber was the face of the watch. The rep stated that the watch did not consist of any carbon fiber. Is this info accurate?

Not positive that this may apply to Oakleys strap but it may mean that the black portion of the strap is O-Matter infused with carbon fiber particles which makes it stronger than regular plastic, then the metal part of the strap would be titanium. This is the same case with some of the 3D Printer ABS FIlaments I use which is infused with carbon fiber particles which makes it stronger than regular ABS. Hope this helps and makes some sense to your inquiry.

Not positive that this may apply to Oakleys strap but it may mean that the black portion of the strap is O-Matter infused with carbon fiber particles which makes it stronger than regular plastic, then the metal part of the strap would be titanium. This is the same case with some of the 3D Printer ABS FIlaments I use which is infused with carbon fiber particles which makes it stronger than regular ABS. Hope this helps and makes some sense to your inquiry.
Finally a response.... Thanks for your input