• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st gen pair of eye jackets (1996) 7.62

rambo rees

Oakley Beginner
I live in the UK. I bought a 1st gen pair of eye jackets in 1996 the 7.62 versions (paid £106 for them).and a Vault case to go with them.
Lenses are a bit scratched and may need replacing.
Any idea how I go about replacing....or should I leave as original.....also any idea of value? They're complete, socks are fine oakley across nose bridge faded in middle.

Here's a photo.....

IMG_20220913_223343.jpg

Welcome
For me, the value of the glasses drops dramatically when the logo is damaged. Linegear lenses and rubber are of zero value to me.
Gen.1 Eye Jackets in heavily used condition are not particularly sought after because of the brittle plastic.
Not particularly in demand for customizing either.
Frame in this condition is worth $30-40 to me.
The Aluminum case $50-60 depending on condition, foam and hinges.

Those look more like 9mm than 7.62?.... The 7.62 is the 'brightest' and most reflective of the 1st Gen (squared hinge). The 9mm are more matte and a darker tone.

full.jpg

The 7.62mm are the ones from the top, fourth from the right.

A clearer image.
[No title]

The top, 45mm, bottom is an 9mm.
[No title]

Last edited:
Those look more like 9mm than 7.62?.... The 7.62 is the 'brightest' and most reflective of the 1st Gen (squared hinge). The 9mm are more matte and a darker tone.

View attachment 994551
The 7.62mm are the ones from the top, fourth from the right.

A clearer image.
[No title]

The top, 45mm, bottom is an 9mm.
[No title]
Ah ok....I had the lightest silver ones originally (I thought they were 5.56?) Lile the ones top left in your collection. An arm snapped and they sent these darker ones back.... May be a later iteration as hinge is rounded?

Back