• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

1st Juliets Couple Of Questions

bluenose

Oakley Enthusiast
Scotland
Hi guys picked up my first juliets and was wondering how you know when the nose bridge needs re doing there is play in it but I have nothing to compare it to as I have never seen another pair so don't know what is normal play etc.
The rest of the frame is tight and rubbers are mint so don't want to send them for a tune if the bridge is ok.
Out of interest if I do decide to send them in how long does the process take.
Also should I total strip them first.
Cheers

This is somewhat subjective. It's one of those things you'll just know. If the orbitals look saggy, that's a red flag. If one of the sides has noticeably more play, that would be another indicator.

Oakley charges $65+10 shipping for an overhaul and they replace all rubbers and gaskets.

There are private parties within this forum that will charge $30-$50 for a tune up plus $10 shipping. The XMan, based on the reviews of others tend to be better and stiffer than an OEM tune-up. This can vary depending on the silicone flex couplers. Some people prefer the tighter than OEM fit, but can potentially less comfortable when putting the glasses on/off.

Check out the sticky thread, The XMan's corner for more detail.

Last edited:
I can make em less tight if you wanted them that way......but most people want their frames tighter than new and let them slowly loosen in time.you can go to HQ and have them do a tuneup with new rubber but your gonna have to wait.........
ill do the same job with oem rubber for the same price in ....3 DAYS.and if you dont like them for whatever reason.....ill send all your money back.

Last edited:
Great guys thanks for help and they are sagging to one side more than other the good side seems ok

The x man thanks for your offer think I'll take you up on it can you do lenses as well or would I source them myself
I'm in the uk though is that a deal breaker ?

Try and find oem lenses.....dont get cheap on optics.ill help you out on the overseas part.

Defo won't get cheap optics they have new vl lenses in them and there pish the shot original fip are way better and there not in great shape.
How would we go about getting them done x man

As people have said above, it's more of a preference thing. My juliet's orbitals were to the point of separating when you held one stem and it made them so loose on my head if I looked down they would just fall off my face. I sent them into X-man and turn around to Canada was less than 2 weeks, which is pretty amazing since they usually sit in customs for at least 2 days both ways. I couldn't be happier with them now, and I also had a re-finish done from plasma to x-metal and he did a great job at that as well. You can see some pics of my before and afters in his stickied thread if you want >> The X-MAN Customs Corner Nothing but good things to say all around here :)

Euro tune-ups are done in Ireland and are a bit cheaper than HQ - bit under $50, £27.50. Allow a couple of weeks. They will replace the rubber whether you strip it or not so if you do strip it, you will have spares ;)

There are 8 lenses still stocked by Oakley UK so just buy direct from them. In fact, if you put the fires back in you can ask for them to be replaced as part of the tune up.

One of the giveaways for replacing flex couplers is that at rest the wrap of the orbitals seems increased, the tips are closer together and they just feel floppy on the face.

How are you liking them anyway? I was instantly sold on the Juliet with my very first pair!

Yeah I like them bud there the polished with the hammer stems I think you call them.
I think I am over concerned about the movement in bridge there's only about 3mm of movement in them.

Latest Posts

Back