• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

4.0 display case rescue and rebuild / customization

Nice progress brother! Keep up the good work and can’t wait to see your final product.
Thanks! I got the metal and the mesh bought just going to have to get down on some cutting and welding

IMG_6397.jpeg

Nice!

Yeah a lot of optical shops just throw them away. My Dr said he’d let me know and I could just have it. It’d save him the trip to the dump next time

Nice!

Yeah a lot of optical shops just throw them away. My Dr said he’d let me know and I could just have it. It’d save him the trip to the dump next time
Yeah I’ve never had any luck even offering to purchase their old cases. I personally only like the 4.0 because of the heavy steel construction and I don’t think oakley has offered anything new since then.

Finally got all the materials chopped up today, now just need to work on welding some hinges on and welding the razor mesh on. Sucks my house don’t have 220 and this is to large to bring to my shop.

Anyone else having trouble uploading photos every time I try it says they are to big and I have to take a screenshot of the picture and upload that?!

IMG_6601.png

IMG_6600.png

Got some new hardware in today to kind of replace the busted up oakley sign which I’ll have to cut out and lay this overtop and then I’m going to try to back light it with some color changing LED :) speaking of LED after about 5 hours of research and looking I’ve found a pretty much direct replacement for the lighting in the case the old difference is the driver is more advanced which will prolong life and reduce fire hazard but I t will require a 1 cut and solder and shrink tube to be plug and play with the OEM system

IMG_6648.png

IMG_6649.png