• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold $680 R1 Plasma with OEM Fire,4 digit serial + 1pair etchedlenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another example - shows two 'ghost' serials as well as the main one.

f53f3dd77babb709cb714d86787ad079.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Yes - Oakley...

Joking aside, these are a genuine factory Plasma pair and I have the matching box.

I started a thread a few years ago when I first bought these. No one could shed any light as to what may have happened but a couple more pairs came to light with the same 'issue'.

Very interesting. Actually makes it kind of cool since you know it’s legit. Almost like a double stamped coin or stamp. An employee must have accidental staped the wrong serial and then corrected it...at least that’s my guess.

Username Hidden said:
Here is another example - shows two 'ghost' serials as well as the main one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
No pic or link?

Username Hidden said:
No pic or link?
added....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My plasma pair has just a hint of the old number in the right light and you can see where it appears they ground the old number out. Good info here as I always wondered why it looked like that...

Thanks guys for an informative discussions regarding the shadow serials. Just closing this sale thread as the plasma is going to a new home. Grats to the new owner!

Username Hidden said:
Yes - Oakley...

Joking aside, these are a genuine factory Plasma pair and I have the matching box.

I started a thread a few years ago when I first bought these. No one could shed any light as to what may have happened but a couple more pairs came to light with the same 'issue'.

Maybe they took xmetal or titanium finish frames that were already produced and just recoated them with plasma finish and gave them a new serial. Just a theory

Status
Not open for further replies.