• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A few new pieces for the collection

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
A few weeks ago, while on my hunt for more things to add to my collection, I found a guy selling his entire collection. I made him an offer for the whole lot and he accepted it. I then had to convince him to set up a paypal account and ship them. He said in the ad that everything was like new he just didn't have the boxes. I never expect things to match their ad, but when I got the box in I was quite surprised. Everything was just as he said, if they had boxes, most could pass for new. I ended up keeping (at least for now) 9 pieces out of the lot. Needless to say, I'm very pleased. As a result of this, I may be hunting Splices now. I've never had one before but now I can see getting them all. It could be my new favorite O Matter frame.

These are the 9 I kept.

1. Plate Platinum
2. Plate Bronze
3. Splice Gunmetal Emerald
4. Splice Crystal Black Grey
5. Scar Electric Blue
6. New Straight Jacket Gunmetal Fire
7. XX Twenty Black Ruby
8. Juliet Plasma Emerald
9. XX X Metal 24K

03-851 Plate (2).JPG
03-852 Plate (2).JPG
03-725 Splice (2).JPG
03-724 Splice (2).JPG
04-554 Scar (2).JPG
04-265 NSJ 91.JPG
04-580 XX Twenty (2).JPG
04-115 Juliet JE045474A (3).JPG
04-122 XX X Metal XG034366A (3).JPG

Sweet additions!

How are the plates' fit compared with the Splices?

The Plates are much bigger as far as coverage. I like them too.

Jeeze... What's left over?

There was a bunch of good stuff, most of it I already sold. A couple of pieces in the sale thread I have going. The guy had the same style as me. All stuff from 98-03. Only one pair had black lenses.

Yep it was definitely a steal but I don't think either Splice will be going anywhere.

Latest Posts

Back