• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Abbreviations

I've used irl a couple of times to express the difference between how something (a lens in my examples) looks in a photo compared to how it looks in person. In Real Life.

SWAG - Scientific Wild A$$ Guess

Kronin made mention of my favorite scientific method of deduction in "how many pairs in your collection" haha!

Haha - I was wondering if you would know what that meant or not...

In my line of work we use that term all the time in reference to top-level estimates. But I first ran across it like 25 years ago while reading the biography of Marine sniper Carlos Hathcock. It was the method described to calculate windage adjustments to your scope settings - make a Scientific Wild-@ss Guess...

Haha yeah, I had to think for a second. I was first introduced to the term by a PHD in herpetology (I couldn't believe he was serious as he was very serious about collecting high quality data). But I actually use it in my field notes occasionally referring to either bird counts or amphibian/reptile egg mass counts in collaboration with TMTC - "to many to count".

Bump and ttt

Are you asking what they mean or saying they should be added?

If the former, they basically mean the same thing - every time a thread receives a post, it goes to the top of the list. If it's a sale thread, you want it at or near the top to catch the most interest.

So a bump post "bumps" a thread to the top of the list. And TTT means To The Top; same results...

Latest Posts

Back